The MT-07 Forum

Did any of you use this site before buying your FZ-07 ?

Cruizin

Have any of you become more motivated to get an FZ-07 after reading thru this forum?

I have been approached by two bike dealers who both "promise" to offer better deals/price than most other yamaha dealer. Both of these guys are in remote locations and bike sales disappear locally in the winter and they do seem to have some awesome deals. But, I verify everything before making site decisions.

Would love to hear feedback. Thanks!

The site helped make up my mind about buying the bike for sure, there is a lot more info now then when I got my bike which will help others I'm sure!

• Like 1

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Premium Member

It was largely because of the member's opinions and support on this forum that I put an order in at the dealer without ever riding one. I waited for over a month for my red one to come in.

The waiting wasn't all that bad because I had my '12 ninja 650r, but the more I read about the FZ-07 here, the more stoked and impatient I got.

All the praise for the FZ-07 that I've ever heard or seen everywhere is totally true. Awesome daily ride!

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I did not even know about the FZ-07 when I went to the dealership. I was looking at the FZ-09. It was the day the FZ-07 was announced for the US market and it was exactly what I had been looking for. I looked online at YouTube videos and reviews and put down a deposit the next day. I found this forum and a few days later I joined. It helped me realise I had made the right decision and gave me lots of good info and advice as I waited for my bike to show up.

• Like 1

This forum helped seal the deal on me buying an fz-07. I was thinking about a few different bikes, but the info and positive reviews here helped me decide to buy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Doing all the online research I definitely used this site's information before I made my purchase. Thanks!

-OS 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

YES, This forum has been a huge help!

I am still in the market just waiting for the right deal to come along. I hate dealerships so I am reluctant to go there right away. I will in the end go to a dealer because I want Brand New. I figure it will get cold enough and dealerships will want to get the inventory off the books before 2015 hits so maybe I can strike gold before the new year. ***Cruzin*** Will you let me know if the deal is good at those dealerships. I go to Idaho fairly often. I have 3 dealers near me and they all have a different color so I can have my pick if I decide I can't wait any longer.

Funny Thing: I have already purchased - OES Frame Slider Set - LED Blinker Set - New Jacket - Gloves - & even a Yoshimura Exhaust w/ EJK Fuel Controler.... And I don't even have an FZ-07... YET!!! My wife thinks I am crazy... and she is correct as with most things.

• Like 1

I bought my FZ last march. I switched to this forum because of Guru. I was in an Euro forum. The forum is a great place to get some knowledge about accessories for the 07.

• Like 1

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

Did the research and was already planning to get an FZ-07. I did however save around $1,500 on purchasing one by joining and reading the forums regularly.

• Like 1

Everything went braap.

I haven't even bought one yet but have been here for a few months keeping up on all the info. Also still liking my 2011 wr250x too, like a mountain bike with a motor, no payment , cheap insurance and go anywhere. 
My near by dealer knows I'm interested but that deal has to be 8000 k out the door total which includes the gap insurance..

• Like 1

I was looking at the FZ-09 originally but after joining this site and reading about all the great experiences people were having with this bike, I changed my mind and bought my FZ-07.  So yes this site definitely influenced my decision on my FZ-07...after putting on just about 600 miles in the past 2 months I know I made the right choice. :D

• Like 1

I glanced at the forum while I was waiting for the right time to purchase my bike, but I had already made up my mind on the FZ. As soon as I took delivery I signed my butt right up.

• Like 1

I've been waiting roughly 9 years for my first bike, and this site has definitely locked in the FZ for me. Reading everyone's feedback has helped a lot. Hoping I will finally be able to get it in the spring, but who knows. I've bounced around between the Ninja 650, FZ6, FZ6R, and a half dozen other bikes over the last decade. I was planning on getting a used FZ6r for my first bike, but the 07 is hard to pass up for a couple grand more. Plus, while the 6R is comfortable...I never said "wow!" when sitting on a bike until the first time I got on an 07 in the show room. I've never even ridden one and love the way it looks and feels. I'm not all about top speed and crazy power. I want as much comfort as possible without sacrificing any fun, and the 07 is really the only thing around that is exactly what I want. I never liked supersports, and never rode dirt bikes growing up like many have, but sitting on the FZ07 reminds me of a mountain bike or similar road bike. Many have said the 07 feels like a supermoto with bigger tires. I just love the super relaxed, yet able to do anything ergos on the 07. I still have yet to ride one, but it it just felt very natural and comfortable to me.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

I test rode the FZ6R before I got my -07. It is a nice bike, but the torque curve is a lot better on the -07. You have to really get the rpm up on the 6R before you start to feel the power. I found the FZ-07 to be a lot more fun to ride.

• Like 2

scordiaboy515

I did not.....I followed the MT-07 for months on the web......I wanna say I joined the forum maybe a week or so before taking delivery.

I joined roughly a month before buying, mostly to see if there were any problems with the bike, being a new model and all. Also browsed the suspension area to see what kind of options there were.

• Like 1

Yea, I have been using this site for the last 5 month and still waiting to see an FZ-07 in person. But at that point in time, why would I want the FZ when this site is all the fun I can handle ;)

• 4 years later...
  • Premium Member

I was reading through this forum before I made a decision between this, a kawasaki ninja 650, or the Honda cb650f. Almost waited for the Honda cb650r to come out in 2019 to get it but so happy I settled with the mt

• Premium Member
cornerslider

My story is a little different.... This bike was NOT my first choice. I bought it because I was running out of time & options 😕. I had ordered a KTM Duke 390 in late 2016. I pulled all my suspension & "go-fast parts" off my KTM RC390 before selling it. I assumed everything would bolt-up to the Duke, as many of their parts are the same. I had also pre-paid for a full season of track days in 2017. My dealer assured me I'd have my new Duke by February, then early March, then late March, then first week in April- you get idea.... On April 24th (about a month from my first track day), I couldn't wait anymore. I pulled the trigger on a "carry-over" 2016 FZ-07. The following day, I found this forum. I had about a month to learn how to set this thing up for the track, and start ordering new suspension & "go-fast-parts". I found ALL the information I was looking for on THIS forum, and started ordering parts. I managed to get all my parts installed, and get the break-in miles on the bike in time for my first track day (I remember changing the break-in oil the night before 😀👍). Needless to say, sometimes things happen for a reason. I absolutely LOVE my FZ-07!!!!! I made the right choice, even though it wasn't my 'first" choice- 

BTW: The KTM Duke 390 did not get released in the USA until the first week in August that year..... (I would have probably ended up divorced by then 😜)

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Joined the week after I picked up my bike. I had Googled every permutation of FZ07 possible looking for data or any scrap of info I could find to help the build.  Boy, there wasn't much out there back then. Now you can't swing a dead cat w/o hitting one in the tidy. 

Good times! 

Edited by mossrider

I joined after buying the bike. I knew I wanted one before they even announced it: "Wanted: - Yamaha, naked, twin, mid-size, 70bhp, 60mpg, 50ftlb". I got more!   I wanted to swap from a Yam single.  

Just do it! 

• Global Moderator

joined the day after i bought my bike and snuck it to my sister's garage to keep my dad from noticing it for a while. 
...... that didnt go over well :P  but ive still got the bike and im still alive.... at least until the GF decides shes better off alone ;)

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.