The MT-07 Forum

Dead Horse (yes I used the search button)

HDMT07

It seems like there are three main players in integrated taillights, TST, CustomLED and Motodynamics.
I have read reviews and watched videos but, I haven't been able to make a decision. Do any of you have a side by side comparison video or photos of the major brands? 

connoroonie

I don’t have any videos but I had my wife ride my bike in front of me and I had to ask her if she was dragging the brake because the running light was so bright on the custom LED. That was during the day as well. The brake light is stupid bright and very noticeable. I like TST products but for bright tail lights I always go with Custom LED

• Like 1

topazsparrow

I went with TST for one reason alone:

The integrated signal lights were street Legal where i live.

Secondary nice features were the ability to cycle through braking and signal light behavions - such as a double flash when brakes are applied for visibility.

It also looks cool IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, connoroonie said:

I don’t have any videos but I had my wife ride my bike in front of me and I had to ask her if she was dragging the brake because the running light was so bright on the custom LED. That was during the day as well. The brake light is stupid bright and very noticeable. I like TST products but for bright tail lights I always go with Custom LED

Do you ever use the "Blaster-X" feature? I think it might be fun while in a parking lot or drive-thru.

6 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

I went with TST for one reason alone:

The integrated signal lights were street Legal where i live.

Secondary nice features were the ability to cycle through braking and signal light behavions - such as a double flash when brakes are applied for visibility.

It also looks cool IMO.

Interesting about the legality. I thought they were all illegal because DOT laws.

connoroonie
7 hours ago, HDMT07 said:

Do you ever use the "Blaster-X" feature? I think it might be fun while in a parking lot or drive-thru.

I didn’t buy the switch to control that feature. Seems like it would be cool to mess around with though. Another thing that sets the custom led apart from others is the turn signals. They flash from amber to off instead of amber back to red. Makes the signal much more visible from a distance. Have you seen this video? 

• Like 1

Bigturbomax

I dont have any side by sides but can tell you TST is a hell of a lot bright than stock. Myself and @Red_ak_ranger have it in clear and smoke respectively. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, connoroonie said:

I didn’t buy the switch to control that feature. Seems like it would be cool to mess around with though. Another thing that sets the custom led apart from others is the turn signals. They flash from amber to off instead of amber back to red. Makes the signal much more visible from a distance. Have you seen this video? 

That does seem like a clearer way to signal. 

9 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

I dont have any side by sides but can tell you TST is a hell of a lot bright than stock. Myself and @Red_ak_ranger have it in clear and smoke respectively. 

I would hope they all are! (Minus the eBay and Wish ones.)

• 1 year later...
On 7/31/2020 at 8:17 AM, connoroonie said:

I didn’t buy the switch to control that feature.

I'm looking to buy the Custom LED taillight. After much research I have not been able to find any information on how to cycle through their setting (brake alert, strobe, etc.) Do you need the switch they sell to control the settings or just the "blaster-x"  strobe function?

It is anything like supabrake, then it is done all using the brake lever.  Depressing the brake lever and holding it on start up will usually cause the "selection" mode and it begins to cycle through, then you hit the brake to choose the one you want. 

Edited by yamahazaki