The MT-07 Forum

Just purchased a DRZ400sm

Rallo13b

Hi everyone. Long time lurker and I think this is my first post. I've had my FZ07 for about 8 months. I love it and I love the torque compared to my previous bike, the FZ6. I recently became infatuated with super motos. I bought a DR200 only to realize that bike was not for me, too slow and I felt I was ringing it out at 60. 

I ended up selling the DR and bought the DRZ400sm. While it's not as fast as the FZ, it definitely makes up for it in the hooligan aspect; jumping up sidewalks and driving across other terrain. Regardless, I won't give up the FZ for the committing but I feel like the DRZ is the desert after the meal. 

• Like 1

Dual sports and supermotos are fun!   Lot of dirt/gravel roads to slide around that you wouldn't want to do on your street bike and paved, but rough county roads that are a riot.

I have a KLX250 dual sport and rode with my SM friends on my KLX650, which may become a supermoto.   But they don't substitute for the XSR for the more open road stuff.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, nice pair of bikes. A friend of mine just got a DRZ400, the more I see it, the more I want one.

Enjoy

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

14 hours ago, klx678 said:

Dual sports and supermotos are fun!   Lot of dirt/gravel roads to slide around that you wouldn't want to do on your street bike and paved, but rough county roads that are a riot.

I have a KLX250 dual sport and rode with my SM friends on my KLX650, which may become a supermoto.   But they don't substitute for the XSR for the more open road stuff.

Agreed. The FZ is way better on the interstate. I took the Drz up one exit and damn that sucked. 

Bigturbomax

Welcome to the board! Nice bikes! A little street fun and a little dirt fun!