The MT-07 Forum

Need help on Installing GPS Tracker

yabanza

I bought a GPS tracker for my 2018 MT-07, but having hard time finding someone to install it. I asked my local dealer but they refused to install it and said it might interfere with electronics. Asked another shop, they said they might but asked for the service manual of the bike, they seemed not so qualified so i didnt.

So now i am planning to install it myself. There are a total of 3 wires, 1 of which is the ignition wire connection and is the tricky one i think. Opened up the right side panel and its abit too complicated.

So my question is, where do i plug this ignition wire, and if i plug it in 12v of the battery with the red wire(tracker has 3 cables, red/black/orange.), is it supposed to work, considering ignition cable gives 12v when turned on(to see if it works)? 

IMG_20200228_174333 (Büyük).jpg

• Premium Member

I am far from an expert, but could you use the aux dc connection? My shop is installing a Garmin Zumo XT right now using that. 

Yeah, the aux DC connection is only live when the ignition is on, that would make for a neat install.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stickshift said:

Yeah, the aux DC connection is only live when the ignition is on, that would make for a neat install.

Good to know!