The MT-07 Forum

Yss fork upgrade kit

Shorty2001

YSS makes solid budget suspension parts.  Really popular in the small bore scooter community in Asian countries.

Would be be on part with a cartridge kit?  No.  Would be it be an upgrade over stock? Sure.

Its just an emulator kit, so if you want to change compression you basically pull the fork apart and fish out the emulator...which to be honest kind of sucks.  For a road bike though? Sure.

Here is an explanation from racetech  on how their emulators work.  Im sure the YSS solution is similar.  

https://www.racetech.com/page/title/Emulators-How They Work 

Damper rod forks are really simple to work on.  If you can follow instructions you can install them without issues, but might need to buy a couple tools.

• Like 3

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

14 hours ago, Spatt said:

YSS makes solid budget suspension parts.  Really popular in the small bore scooter community in Asian countries.

Would be be on part with a cartridge kit?  No.  Would be it be an upgrade over stock? Sure.

Its just an emulator kit, so if you want to change compression you basically pull the fork apart and fish out the emulator...which to be honest kind of sucks.  For a road bike though? Sure.

Here is an explanation from racetech  on how their emulators work.  Im sure the YSS solution is similar.  

https://www.racetech.com/page/title/Emulators-How They Work 

Damper rod forks are really simple to work on.  If you can follow instructions you can install them without issues, but might need to buy a couple tools.

Appreciate your reply. I figured it would be an improvement over stock but maybe I need to look at cartridge system.  If a shop set up the yss emulator would it need changing often

To be honest if you were to spend $450 aus, I would put it into a new shock with correct spring rate 1st.

As for the forks, just change to a heavier oil 15 to 20w, more or less oil depending on feel you want, and shave off the internal spacer if needed or get a PVC pipe longer for more compression if needed. Look around here for correct dimensions.

Then go from there.

Edited by Kyuzo

5 hours ago, Kyuzo said:

To be honest if you were to spend $450 aus, I would put it into a new shock with correct spring rate 1st.

As for the forks, just change to a heavier oil 15 to 20w, more or less oil depending on feel you want, and shave off the internal spacer if needed or get a PVC pipe longer for more compression if needed. Look around here for correct dimensions.

Then go from there.

Cheers mate probably should have mentioned id also do rear suspension 

Screenshot_20200717-210250_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

No specific information, but it looks like a nice copy of the Ohlins NIX22 kit, so I would expect it to have the same pros and cons. Easy installation, might have too much highspeed compression damping. Being 20mm there is a myriad of other pistons to play with, if necessary. Nice tool kit.

• Like 1