Ed

Lol.  Same bike.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Yes please.

How bout you? How'd your day go?

Went well.  Riding intermediate now at NYST.   And not the slowest as I made a couple passes.   When I was passed, (which was alot, Lol) I was able to keep pace with them for a little.   I dragged knee twice, but my reaction was to move my knee up, so I have to work on that....

And I didn't crash, while many others did, so that's a plus!  We were running the downtown direction, which is not the norm.

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

5 minutes ago, blackout said:

Went well.  Riding intermediate now at NYST.   And not the slowest as I made a couple passes.   When I was passed, (which was alot, Lol) I was able to keep pace with them for a little.   I dragged knee twice, but my reaction was to move my knee up, so I have to work on that....

And I didn't crash, while many others did, so that's a plus!  We were running the downtown direction, which is not the norm.

Excellent. You're getting faster yet keeping your safety margins in place as evidenced by not ending up on your head. Good for you. 

That is common when you first start touching knees. It kind of startles you and a natural reaction is to pick it up, which is actually fine. It's weird because you can hear your knee down and that "Schick" sound the pucks make is a new noise. 

Passing (or being passed) is exciting too. Also a natural progression as your speed comes up. Get comfortable with it. Hanging on to those riders for a bit is good to a point. Be careful you don't get in over your head on a really fast one trying to keep close for too long. Grab a couple quick pointers and drop them, then grab the next guy by and repeat. Soon you'll be the dude being chased and, Rossi willing, in the Advanced Group some day.  

👍

• Like 3

A TZ250 is the way to go versus an RS250. Better in every way including finding parts. Now if you want to go the 125 route the RS125 is the way to go.