The MT-07 Forum

Quadlock moto mount design changed?

MyHatIsBread

MyHatIsBread

Has anyone bought a Quadlock motorcycle mount recently (apart from me I mean)?

There are articles on this site that show them fitted to the left hand bar where the clutch adjuster is - and those photos show the bar mount as being closed with 2 screws.  The one I've had delivered has a single screw and a hinge on the circular bar bracket, and now the single screw they provide is too short to grab into the other side of the bracket (or with a smaller spacer insert, it all just spins around freely).

I mention it mainly to see if anyone else has had this and come up with a decent solution, and if not to warn others that at least on the 2018+ bikes it seems the handlebar mounts no longer fit.

Thanks!

Yeah it looks like they’ve changed to a hinge type design. Perhaps try & get hold of the old style. The bar setup hasn’t ever changed between models so the old type will definitely fit.

• Like 1

MyHatIsBread

I've contacted Quadlock to see what they say - a longer screw would do the trick (if I can find one), otherwise I'll probably just try adding an extra strip of rubber to the smaller spacer for now and eventually switch to their 1" ball and add it to a ram mount attached to an instrument mount screw.

Update in case anyone ever finds any of this useful: I took a pair of scissors to one of my Wemoto keyrings and stuck the extra rubber in under the smaller spacer ring.  All mounted up but a tiny bit wobbly due to the extra softer rubber.  Seems to work but I'll post again if it vibrates around the handlebar and leaves my phone pointing at the tank.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by MyHatIsBread

I came across a video on YouTube recently from JBL Motovlogs. He came up with a pretty clever solution where it gets mounted above the instrument cluster. He uses a RAM mount ball adapter and then a 2 sided receiver to then mount a QuadLock ball mount on the other side for the phone to attached too. I ordered the same setup on Amazon and will be getting it set up one it comes in.  Sorry that it's not helpful specifically for the bar mount but it is an alternative.

• Like 1

MyHatIsBread

Shepherd, yes that's my new plan:  I've got the moto mount on as detailed above, but it's not ideal and does move around a little when pushed.  It'll do for now and then I'll follow your example and switch to a RAM / QuadLock combo mounted to the instrument panel mounting screws.

Quadlock did get back to me and confirm the change of design and the fact they don't supply the old style any more.  They also confirmed that a longer screw might fix it and provided the screw measurements so if I see on anywhere I'll try that too.

I was expecting getting the USB port to aux plug in to be the tricky bit, but apparently not 🙂.