The MT-07 Forum

Anybody near Charlotte, NC with a FTECU harness?

RobZilla

Anybody near Charlotte with a FTECU 6 pin harness for our bike?

Mine has had intermittent connection issues since I got it. Thought it was just wonky software until it stopped connecting completely. It’s not working on 2 bikes that had previously connected with and it also fails the 5v pin out test on pin 3 (bingo) from the FTECU software. The thing is it left my ECU in a corrupted state from an incomplete flash so it’s basically a 400lb paperweight with wheels.

I’ve contacted FTECU and sent the harness back to them via UPS, they are very responsive but I don’t think very convinced it’s the cable but we will see. Anyway, it will be a week to ship out the cable via UPS, who knows how long before I get it back. It’s a freaking 350$ cable so I’m pretty pissed about it and hope they can work something out. But in the meantime if anyone is near Charlotte NC if I could use their cable to reflash my bike to get it running it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2wdw flash waiting for me... suspense is a killer. This has been going on for weeks. 

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by RobZilla
Grammer

topazsparrow

io might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the cables are married to the ECU. Other people wont be licensed to use it.

• Like 1

Hmm. I’ve used the same cable on 2 different bikes no issue. So now idk. 

The ecu is definitely married to the license. Idk if the harness is also intertwined in that relationship. Pretty sure it’s not just a dummy cable.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, topazsparrow said:

io might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the cables are married to the ECU. Other people wont be licensed to use it.

No.  Its just a FTDI UART cable is all.  Software is married to ecu with a handshake and why you need internet to connect via software with internet connection.  

• Like 2

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up on this. I ended up sending the harness back to FTECU and they are replacing it! Took a few weeks with shipping and all but I’m very happy about it, they have continued excellent customer support! 

• Like 2