The MT-07 Forum

Windscreen advice/opinions

seven

Maybe it's stupid for me to be asking this as I haven't actually taken delivery of my bike but I am looking to get some sort of windscreen or deflector for the front of the bike simply to protect the area where the key is from bugs/dirt/rocks/rain/whatever. The sales guy suggested it and didn't actually try to sell me anything that they carried, which made me think maybe it was a legitimate suggestion. Plus it is just odd that the ignition is right at the front exposed like that.

I have searched through threads here for suggestion but not a lot of pics of smaller screens. I want something as minimal as possible that looks good...I know it's subjective. I also don't want anything that is gloss black because I think that it doesn't quite match with the black plastics of the rest of the bike.

So far I have only really found the Puig Sport Windscreen in either Smoke or Dark Smoke. I wish it was a little shorter but I figure I could maybe trim it with a dremmel if I had to.

An other suggestions that I might have missed? Any opinion on which of these two would look best on Ice Flou?

light_smoke.JPG

dark_smoke.JPG

I àlways liked the look of the dpm but I have no screen

MT 07 FZ07 2018/20 - Kit Windscreen 'Warrior' (R-0865) - Aluminum Windshield Fairing - Hardware Fasteners Included - De Pretto Moto Accessories (DPM Race) - 100% Made in Italy:...

Just do it! 

There don't seem to be all that many options (last I checked) for the 18+, but I went with the National Cycle VStream Sport. They do have taller options, but I wanted the shorter one to avoid looking like I have a barn door on the front of my naked bike haha. It's a little pricey, but the screen itself is super rigid along with the way it's mounted. It comes up just slightly above the display, so you won't have to worry about bugs or crud getting caked all in there. Is it super effective at creating a nice air bubble? Not really, but it does feel like it smooths out the airflow a bit so I don't feel like a bobblehead when doing shoulder checks on the highway. Plus I think it's one of the better looking options for our bikes, too.

IMG_20190714_163943.jpg

IMG_20190714_164001.jpg

Edited by 7fold
fixed a typo

I'm definitely going to get a windscreen that can actually block most of the wind that hits on highway rides. A little taller than the ones in the pictures for my taste. 

Airbornedeth

This is the one I got, and painted it to match the bike. (You can find it cheaper at other sites.) I can't justify paying some of the prices name brands are charging for a piece of plastic. 

Screenshot_20200717-084247_Amazon Shopping.jpg

topazsparrow
4 hours ago, Airbornedeth said:

This is the one I got, and painted it to match the bike. (You can find it cheaper at other sites.) I can't justify paying some of the prices name brands are charging for a piece of plastic. 

Screenshot_20200717-084247_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thats the one I settled on after trying a few as well. Price was right and honestly they all do approximately f@#k all for blocking wind unless you get a huge ugly peice of plexi up front - if you need that, you bought the wrong bike.