The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar advice

Jord

I have the stock bars currently and always seem to find myself with my hands covering the bar ends to be more comfortable. I’ve been looking at renthal bars but there’s a few to choose from. 
I don’t want to change the height I just want them wider. Can anyone advice which renthal bar to go with that keeps as close to the original geometry as possible but wider and also allows stock cable lengths and routing. 

• Premium Member
cornerslider

That's a tough one.... Much like you, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for.  I went with the Renthal "ultra-low", as quite a few people like them on this bike. You "may" be able to get by with the Renthal "low", but might have to trim the ends of the bars slightly to get the cables to reach. The ultra low's are more forward (not as swepped back) as the OEM bars, and wider. I was okay sacrificing a little height, for wider bars. The OEM bars always felt too narrow to me. Hope that helps you out-

• Thanks 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Thanks for the advice @cornerslider. I was hoping to get away with the lows to be honest, I have seen pictures of the ultra lows and they almost seem like they bend downwards. How much did they alter the riding position for you, can you feel your weight on your wrists on longer rides?

• Premium Member
cornerslider
7 minutes ago, Jord said:

Thanks for the advice @cornerslider. I was hoping to get away with the lows to be honest, I have seen pictures of the ultra lows and they almost seem like they bend downwards. How much did they alter the riding position for you, can you feel your weight on your wrists on longer rides?

I  did a 349 mile ride (my personal best on the FZ) last summer. My butt was feeling it, my arms/wrists were fine 😎👍🏼. I’m 5’-6” , so the ultra lows don’t feel that “low” to me... Taller riders may not like them? After using the ultra’s, I personally wouldn’t want any other bar -

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"