The MT-07 Forum

plug identification and abs

tymeboy

Hi everyone. I just bought a salvage title bike that has a few issues. First the ABS light is always on. Is that normal? I then started to poke around and saw a harness plug labeled ABS behind the headlight. Not sure if that is correct or not but wanted to reach out and ask. If it is not for the ABS what is it for? Lastly my gear indicator will show what gear I am in if the bike is switched on but not started with the kickstand down. But when the kickstand is up and the bike is running all I get is a little dash where neutral is and the neutral light stays on every gear I am in. IN another post I mentioned this and will be replacing the sensor. Any other ideas? Thanks to all! total newbie here. 2017 fz-07

absmaybe.jpg

Airbornedeth

The abs light stays on until you get moving. (At least it does on my bike.) 

I don't know about the other issues you have. 

• Premium Member

You may want to bite the bullet an get shop manual for this bike. Get the Haynes manual if you don't want to spend the money on a Yamaha shop manual. It'll help you figure out where that ABS labeled  connecter is supposed to go. It'll come in handy more than you know even after you get the bugs fixed.

Good luck working out the kinks. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, tymeboy said:

Thanks. Is the 2014 manual about the same as the 17? 

Yes. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 4 weeks later...