The MT-07 Forum

{Video} Can't get this "wire cover" to tighten ?? *stupidity warning*

msb06c

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready for my first big (1000+ mi) ride next week. Been doing LOTS of prep to make sure everything goes smoothly as it can. I'm basically going to pack this weekend and head out next week. I was just doing a final "big" inspection before I do my actual pre-flight for the trip. I was just checking a few fasteners (passenger footrests, exhaust hanger, clutch cable, etc) and noticed that I somehow never checked the wire cover I removed to get to the O2 sensor to swap exhausts. See video.... Basically this piece is fastened by two 8mm bolts, but the bottom flaps pretty freely. It's not a big deal, it's not going anywhere or falling off and I'm not fastening anything to it, so it a HUGE deal, but I'd like to get this bolted down, the cover on the opposite side sits solidly. What am I missing here? How does this thing attach to the bike? I feel like an idiot (even more than usual). 

Here is the link showing the video... how do I get this thing to actually fasten to the frame? Lol

Thanks! 

If I remember correctly, there is a plastic clip on the bottom part somewhere.

image.png.7db6466d61355597a2c7c20b288fd80f.png

Items 49/51 in above pic.

Edit: Added pic.

Edited by geophb

FZ07R WaNaB
59 minutes ago, geophb said:

If I remember correctly, there is a plastic clip on the bottom part somewhere.

That arrangement is pretty wonky. The plastic pin 51 pops into the lower hole on the member 49 tightening the lower portion of the frame cover while the bolts 48 tighten the upper portion. Basically you just press the lower portion of the frame cover on to the pin 51 until you hear a snap fit sound. Tighten your bolts, and good to go.

• Like 1

Thank you I totally saw the pin and couldn’t piece that together. Keep in mind I also got stuck and had to get help here to unclip the 02 sensor... 

will try to snap it on tonight (way too hot right now) and will report back. Cheers 

• Like 1

Looks like I’m missing the pin now. I swear I saw it earlier. Welp. Looks like it’ll have to wait until after the trip. No big deal 

• Like 1