The MT-07 Forum

Summertime Gear

Beemer

This may help a few people that struggle with heat and safety.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beemer

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Oh Canada, Fortnine is a solid dealer here. (All my riding is usually mid/under 30-C)

My custom made "AirMesh Street Jeans" from Motoport are absolutely incredible in the heat, stiff but still very comfortable. For us Canucks they're expensive AF after customizing (+ exchange and duty) but honestly worth every penny and the wait time. Anyone looking for something nigh indestructible and ultra breathable these are definitely worth checking out if you can.

After trying many glasses and goggles, "bobster" etc (goggles are a total pain in the ass/waste of time) I was finally happy with a pair of "Valken V-TAC Zulu" designed for Airsoft,  I know I know its a awfully stupid name for an otherwise excellent pair of riding glasses.

I hear Merino wool is the way to go for a base-layer and plan to give it shot for next season. Currently using a onesie style by Moto-D, 'Cooltech'. Works very well wicking away sweat.

Never tried a mesh shirt like the one shown and probably never will as I simply would not feel protected. Picked up a "Dainese Super speed D-Dry" for warm days.

My 'SIDI Adventure 2 Mid Boots' arrived today. Outstanding quality and they feel fantastic (in the house). Will get them out for a test run in the heat right away. ...... **EDIT... Boots are amazing out in 30C + heat, super comfortable and easy foot working controls...and I can walk! Still very stiff as to be expected but now its less squeaky robot cowboy and more clompy Frankenstein's monster. I'll take it. Awesome boots. 

• Thanks 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.