Sign in to follow this  
Airbornedeth

Another bolt on "build"....

DewMan
4 minutes ago, Airbornedeth said:

Ahh. It says it's for the 09, but in the description it says 07 as well. Thank you.

it fits 2014-2017 FZ-09 and 2018+ MT-07 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Airbornedeth

Sexiness just got here. I now have plans for Saturday night. Lol

20200711_160238.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Airbornedeth

I can't believe how much better this looks. Front turn signals will go on tomorrow. 

20200711_203441.jpg

• Like 3

Airbornedeth

I actually installed these last night after I got home from a 2 hour ride. Out again this morning. These things are freaking BRIGHT. So, everything included in the TST Industries hyper pack is on the bike. Everything looks and works great. My only gripe is how the license plate light mounts. (you mount it to the license plate itself instead of the tail tidy). I just added some extra foam between the license plate and the light, and when screwed down it doesn't move. 

I'm glad I bought another motorcycle. It's given me something to work on, and something to look forward to besides my dog Silas when I get home. Single at 45 is not all fun and games, despite what people say. 🙃

20200712_095742.jpg

20200712_095752.jpg

• Like 2

JayMT07

Looks great!  The integrated tail light and Mech signals clean things up nicely and the styling suits the bike well. I have the same setup (different tail tidy, though) and really like it. 

• Like 1

Instagram: @jayparrington 

7fold

Man, I'm a little sad I didn't go with the mech GTR's on my bike. I went with the proton 500's,  but they're just a tiny bit too flush for my liking...they're are stupid bright though, you can literally see the light get thrown down the street from them at night.

1down5up
Posted (edited)

Nice bike @Airbornedeth !! I've got all the same accessories from TST. Don't forget the tail light is programmable. Also that fender eliminator can be bent to be tucked underneath the tail 😉

Edited by 1down5up

Airbornedeth

I ordered the DB killer for my ears. My exhaust is too loud on long rides, and that was with earplugs in as well. It will be here Thursday, and I will be installing it ASAP.

My bike is dirty, so it will get a bath once this tropical depression has moved on. I will also be changing the oil again for peace of mind, then following the factory recommended intervals moving forward.

Airbornedeth

Just a little update.

DB killer is in, and I have to say it isn't as loud, and actually sounds better in my opinion.

I also did the R6 throttle tube, and I wish this was the first mod I did in this bike. It made a world of difference for me, and my right wrist thanks me. If you haven't done this mod yet, you are doing yourself a disservice. It should be the first mod for everyone. 

Pursuvant
On 7/2/2020 at 10:09 AM, Airbornedeth said:

I felt like poo when I woke up

Hope you get a pass on the Kung Flu and it's just a cold amigo. Enjoy the bike mods, it's a lot of fun and looks like you are making it a good time, exactly as it should be.

If I can suggest, I would maybe let the aesthetics take a back seat to suspension mods that would have the greatest impact on your ride. You don't have to throw thousands at it, take a look at the "emulators" as an 80% solution for the forks, that's definitely doable with the budget you seem to be working here. Lot's of suspension info on this site

Enjoy!

Airbornedeth
2 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

Hope you get a pass on the Kung Flu and it's just a cold amigo. Enjoy the bike mods, it's a lot of fun and looks like you are making it a good time, exactly as it should be.

If I can suggest, I would maybe let the aesthetics take a back seat to suspension mods that would have the greatest impact on your ride. You don't have to throw thousands at it, take a look at the "emulators" as an 80% solution for the forks, that's definitely doable with the budget you seem to be working here. Lot's of suspension info on this site

Enjoy!

I didn't have the 'rona.

As for the suspension, it works with my riding style for now, so it will stay stock until it doesn't.

It has been a while since I have been on a bike long term, so I plan on enjoying this one for a long while. My last bike was a Buell XB9R, but that was 8 or so years ago. Before that, I was Gixxer rider.

Airbornedeth
Posted (edited)

I took these pictures today (8/7/2020) to show it in its current form.

Here is a list of what all has been done to the bike:

Two Brothers Typhoon full exhaust

Dobeck EJT (on basic settings)

K&N Air Filter (Removed air box snorkel)

R6 throttle tube (must have for this bike IMHO)

Vortex levers

Vortex superbike grips

TST Industries tail tidy, integrated tail light/turn signals, and front mech turn signals

Off brand wind deflector painted to match the bike

X Grip phone mount

Phone charger

Battery tender harness

Exotech frame and axle sliders

I've ordered bar end mirrors and they should be here Monday. I went cheap on these because I am not sure if I will like them or not.

I think I may get the ecu flashed as well and call it done. For now.

Bike 2.jpg

Edited by Airbornedeth
added info

Airbornedeth

Bike 4.jpg

Mr.Puss
On 7/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, Airbornedeth said:

I didn't buy the decal, and I definitely see where you are coming from. I like the logo, and will mock it up once I get it to see if I like it in the exhaust or my tool box better. 

Working a little, and drinking a little. I lost my best friend a year ago today.

20200708_122607.jpg

Sorry to hear it, its never easy.

I have the same screen. Bombed it flat black and IMO looks really great with the lines of this bike. Not too big not too small and dirt cheap. ...Dig those Mech GTRs too! Just might swap over to those...bah scratch that, no rear mount avail.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Airbornedeth

I finally decided to upgrade the headlight. I like the stock headlight housing, so I'm going the Cyclops route. I've been riding more at night (and getting caught in the rain the last few weeks as well) and I can definitely agree that the stock halogen bulb is garbage. I will say $100 is crazy for one light, though. (I did the upgrade too).

I will update with more pictures once that's installed, and give a complete rundown of what all I've done to the bike to date.

• Like 1

Airbornedeth
Posted (edited)

Here's my bike as it sits now.

List of what I've done to it:

Dobeck EJK

Two Brothers Typhoon exhaust

K&N

Vortex levers and grips

R6 throttle tube

TST Industries Hyper Pack (includes tail tidy, integrated led tail light, and led front turn signals)

Cheap wind screen painted to match the bike

Evotech frame and axle sliders

Battery tender wired up

Cyclops headlight is ordered, but hasn't gotten here yet.

Probably forgetting something.

20200822_173938.jpg

Edited by Airbornedeth

Airbornedeth

20200822_173957.jpg

• Like 1

Airbornedeth

20200822_174013.jpg

Airbornedeth

20200822_173918.jpg

Airbornedeth

Update since I cleaned the bike up, as well as cleaned and lubed the chain. (Going to tighten it tomorrow since it has too much slack.) Since I bought the bike brand new in June, I've put in excess of 3,000 miles on it, and I've only ridden to work a handful of times, so its all been goofing off and burning up the roads mileage.

I am still waiting for my Cyclops headlight to ship. I ordered it 4 weeks ago, and they were out of stock of pretty much all of their products.

Sep142020.jpg

Edited by Airbornedeth
  • Like 1