The MT-07 Forum

Rear turn signal recomendations

JAYoh

Just bought my bike yesterday, but I doesn't have any rear signals. What do you guys recommend for quality rear turn signals for a 2016. (Preferably plug and play) possibly LED as well. Thanks

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JAYoh said:

Just bought my bike yesterday, but I doesn't have any rear signals. What do you guys recommend for quality rear turn signals for a 2016. (Preferably plug and play) possibly LED as well. Thanks

Not sure what the newer models are running now, incandescent or led. (My 2015) I went LED all around and replaced the incandescent relay with a dedicated LED relay otherwise the blinkers will flash quickly and Im not sure of long term ill effects of using the incandescent relay with LED.

Signals? All depends on how much you want to spend. Personally I never waste money on no-name or questionable ebay/chinese safety related parts. I read a lot of comments complaining about shitty quality and money wasted. I always suggest spending your money once on quality and then youre good to go for the long haul. I went with Rizoma for my blinkers and mirrors.  Pompously Italian, outstanding build quality, very very happy.  Nice parts are nice. ;)

For a quick connect option you might consider Posi-tap connectors or crimping on male /female connectors

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Yea I completely agree. I've bought too many cheap items trying to save a buck. Always ends up costing more money and time in the long run. I will check Rizoma out, thanks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JAYoh said:

Yea I completely agree. I've bought too many cheap items trying to save a buck. Always ends up costing more money and time in the long run. I will check Rizoma out, thanks.

Anytime. I love helping people spend a lot of money!  Theres a ton of solid brands out there... Kellerman, Lightech, TST, CNC... bust out that credit card man!

Ive also had very good experiences using "customLED" products as well.....relays and brake strobes etc

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I just kept the pumpkins and swapped out to brighter LED bulbs.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I really like the TST Integrated tail light. Different settings for the turn signals and brake light and is bright.  Plug and Play as well. 

This brand new TST Industries taillight system for the 2015+ Yamaha R3 installs in minutes with ease and moves your signals into the tail light capsule.

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• 4 weeks later...

After buying 3 different style of eBay LED light I think I’m going to go back to the stock lights with LED bulbs. The stock ones are bigger and more visible than all the other EBay ones I’ve purchased. The eBay ones work but they are not nearly as bright or as big in size as I would like. You can probably find some stock Yamaha ones on Craigslist or other buy/sell site. Plenty of people upgrade and sell their stocks. 

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Take a look at the R&G LED turn signals.... I bought mine from Revzilla. They are worth the $80/pair. I did the TST integrated tail light, with these up front. Never been happier!!! You can actually SEE these in direct sunlight. I also bought the TST flasher relay, and walked away- LED signals are nice, but you get what you pay for unfortunately. Spend the money, and be seen!!! It may save your life one day-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"