The MT-07 Forum

Windsheild

ahnorris13

• 4 weeks later...

good choice,   I like my ermax the one ride I took seemed to work great I thought I would get a chance to ride this last weekend with weather in the 40s but just so dang wet it would take 3 days to clean the thingso no ride sucks to be in mn  

• Premium Member
Anyone put a windshield on there bike that works.  What type and how much did it cost?
I have both of Ermax's screens for the FZ-07; The Ermax 27cm sport screen and the 39cm tall screen. They share the same exact mounting base so changing them out to suit the weather only takes a couple minutes.  
Both screens reduce the wind blast to manageable levels at speeds significantly over 60mph while keeping clean, smooth air moving around the helmet area. I'm 6ft tall with a long torso and the taller 39cm screen moves the reduced wind area high up to the tops of my shoulders and the 27cm screen reduces the wind to the middle of my chest. Not having to hang on to keep from being blown off the bike makes a big difference.

Side note: I used a dremel to reshape the area of the mounting base where its sharp edge rubbed against the throttle cables and electrical cables. It was a month ago that I explained the problem and the fix to Moto Machines. They said that they would alert Ermax.

Either screen is available for under $120 from link

• 2 years later...

I have asked the same question and did all the research I could.  If comfort is the goal I feel bigger is better.  The biggest i found was the Madstad 22" which I bought and have ridden for about 2 weeks.  Not like my old touring bike windshields, but far better than with one of those little 12" shields.  I don't see how they can even be called windshields.  I am quite happy with the Madstad and would recommend it.  I ride with it in the highest position but at the maximum backward tilt.  I'm 5' 10" tall.  It's seems solid at 80 mph.  I don't go much over that.

Archived