The MT-07 Forum

Touring windscreen?

Gman92

I recently bought a 2020 mt07 and I'm loving it so far!

However, my commute to work is highway speeds for 40 minutes and it gets tiring having the wind and turbulence on my chest and hands for this whole time.

I've been looking at buying something like the vstream touring screen and adding it to my bike. However googling for this doesn't return many results and I'm here wondering if anyone has any good results from buying a larger touring screen for their MT07?

If so, which did you buy and how large is the difference for your commute/highway speeds?

I'm also located in Europe so if it's something that's only accessible for Americans then It's going to be hard for me.

Yes, I have one.  Definitely search the forum for my review.  You need to see it, and understand the risks of using the vstream before you buy.  I found out the hard way, and there were others that had some other bad consequences from mounting a vstream.

I went the expensive route but it works. I liked the vstream but mounting issues and it only comes in clear for the 2019 MT-07, I don't want to see the ugly brackets. LOL. So I bought a Puig Touring screen 4 months ago. It helped a lot but I wanted more because I drive to my parents house to visit every couple of weeks and there is some wind buffeting on the highway. So I just installed a Puige clip on screen on top and it seems to help quit a bit more. When I'm going 50mph I can crack my helmet open and it doesn't dry my eyes and not as noisy. So I think that is what works for me. BTW I'm 5'9 and 200lbs. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:48 PM, Devilman said:

I went the expensive route but it works. I liked the vstream but mounting issues and it only comes in clear for the 2019 MT-07, I don't want to see the ugly brackets. LOL. So I bought a Puig Touring screen 4 months ago. It helped a lot but I wanted more because I drive to my parents house to visit every couple of weeks and there is some wind buffeting on the highway. So I just installed a Puige clip on screen on top and it seems to help quit a bit more. When I'm going 50mph I can crack my helmet open and it doesn't dry my eyes and not as noisy. So I think that is what works for me. BTW I'm 5'9 and 200lbs. 

I've heard of others doing this and it working well. I might have to do the same

• Like 1