The MT-07 Forum

Chain and sprocket

andrewcox945

andrewcox945

its time for a new chain and sporcket. Not really worried about price i just want to know the best kit i can buy. Id also like a rear sprocket with a steel hub and aluminum teeth if thats possible

Just now, andrewcox945 said:

its time for a new chain and sporcket. Not really worried about price i just want to know the best kit i can buy. Id also like a rear sprocket with a steel hub and aluminum teeth if thats possible

If price is no object the DID ERV3 is my favorite but EK, RK and DID all make high end chains. You won't find a rear sprocket with aluminum teeth and steel center, they are the other way around (Supersprox). Are you looking for another pitch or to stay with the stock 525?  If you don't mind wearing them out an aluminum rear is ok but for street use I'd stay with steel. The Superlite series have a competitive weight but outlast aluminum buy about 4x.

I'd check with Paul at Bellissimoto first as he's the bomb and a site vendor.

https://fz07.org/forum/59/bellissimoto-exotic-parts-for-all-motorcycles/

Sprocket Center is dedicated to being the world's premium provider of motorcycle drive-train. We have more sprocket&chain combinations available than any other retailer today. Contact us to find out more.

520 conversions 520 chain kits 520 Sprocket Kits

Of course Revzilla, STG and all the other common vendors sell suitable options as well. 

andrewcox945
36 minutes ago, mossrider said:

If price is no object the DID ERV3 is my favorite but EK, RK and DID all make high end chains. You won't find a rear sprocket with aluminum teeth and steel center, they are the other way around (Supersprox). Are you looking for another pitch or to stay with the stock 525?  If you don't mind wearing them out an aluminum rear is ok but for street use I'd stay with steel. The Superlite series have a competitive weight but outlast aluminum buy about 4x.

I'd check with Paul at Bellissimoto first as he's the bomb and a site vendor.

https://fz07.org/forum/59/bellissimoto-exotic-parts-for-all-motorcycles/

Sprocket Center is dedicated to being the world's premium provider of motorcycle drive-train. We have more sprocket&chain combinations available than any other retailer today. Contact us to find out more.

520 conversions 520 chain kits 520 Sprocket Kits

Of course Revzilla, STG and all the other common vendors sell suitable options as well. 

Sorry i meant the other way around. Thank you for the info

• Global Moderator

@andrewcox945, I would pm @pgeldzat @bellissimoto first.  I just bought a 520 chain and sprockets from him (along with some other parts) and got a great price with fast service.  I could not be happier with his service. 

• Like 5