The MT-07 Forum

IAP fuel tables/ignition dwell maps

Joaoduarte

Joaoduarte

Can someone explain me the differences betwen IAP fuel maps and tps fuel maps and ignition  maps and ignition dwell maps? 

Thank you all

IAP fuel maps compare Intake manifold vs atmospheric pressure and for part throttle normally up to 10-15% depending on the bike and then they switch to TPS based fueling.  TPS is just looking at throttle position and RPM and injecting a specific pulse width.  Depending on the bike there can also be blending of the two maps before complete cross over to one or the other.  I dont use the stock ecu's so I can speak to when it happens on the FZ or MT.

Dwell is how long you are charging the coils.  Unless you have a scope and understand how to read when it is fully charged or are swapping coils for something else you wouldn't likely need to be in there.

Just different tuning strategies.  If you're asking these questions I would suggest before making any changes to spend some time reading about different tuning strategies and understanding the ideas completely before trying to make adjustments.  Its completely possible to damage something with minimal effort.  Especially if you do not have access to a dyno to confirm changes.  Check out openecu forum there is plenty of info that I think will give you a better understanding if your curious.

• Thanks 3

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

Joaoduarte

Yes i was curious about it really, hearing about if wothout founding any info. Wich ecu are you using?

16 hours ago, Joaoduarte said:

Yes i was curious about it really, hearing about if wothout founding any info. Wich ecu are you using?

aRacer it’s just so much better than running a flash.  I won’t even tune Ftecu or Woolrich.  I can monitor both cylinders and adjust them independently with aRacer in real time vs flashing and testing , flashing and testing with ftecu. 

but it’s $300 vs ~$2500 when fully optioned our. I also realize it just not really viable for everyone to waste that kind of money on electronics. 

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

Joaoduarte

Hmm wich fuel do you use on bike and what anout ignition timing compared to stock on your bike ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, Joaoduarte said:

Hmm wich fuel do you use on bike and what anout ignition timing compared to stock on your bike ?

We are required to run the VP MGP for the twinscup.  Depends how much it will take, look at by blog and it explains how I tune ignition.

• Thanks 1