The MT-07 Forum

Well hell, riding season is over

Cruizin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never got into to many fights, but people up ther-ah arn't afraid to tell you how they feel. As opposed to the southern way of acting like friend to your face then talking shit behind your back.

You aint kidding about a hard place to make living, and the cost of living is quite ridiculous too. But endless miles of snowmobile trails in the winter, that turn into epic dirt bike trails in the summer. Good times for sure.
Down here in the south I have to bring my dirt bike to either small fed orv parks or privately owned pay for parks to ride around big loops.

Didn't I read you are in Idaho? Hell that has to be a much harsher winter then maine. I went snowmobiling on the utah/idaho border, man the snow had to be at least 5-6' deep in the mountains. I have the tour of idaho on my bucket list also.

Whats cool about the Rockies is that elevation dictates everything. Boise is where the Desert meets the mountains, so we are in a Valley that misses alot of storms but right next to higher elevation land that is buried. Good snowmobiling here too, but avalanches take people out every year.

I worked at Bath Iron Works for a year. I figured there was more to life and there was, but now I miss Maine.

Demonic clowns living in the sewers, Yeah Maine, what a great place to raise kids:  

I was safe during my three years up in Limestone, ME I never saw any sewers. ;)

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

Anybody in the Buffalo area ? man, they're getting burried right now !
Me. I will post pics within the hour. Its nuts up here.

Ok. As promised here are some pics of the "Fun" we are having here in Buffalo. So it started 2 nights ago and we promptly received 3 feet the first night. As it snow all day yesterday, all we did was quickly snow plow our drive way and let the storm go on. Last night we received another foot and needless to say, this morning it didn't even looked like we did anything the day before. Driving bans county wide. I had to miss 2 days of school because of this and the plows were actually getting stuck last night. The snow band moved away from us for the time being, but it will be back tonight. Here are some pictures of what it looked like this morning when we wen't out to clear the driveway.
This is what our driveway looked like when we first went out.
6gfvEC5l.jpg
PTnZWV1l.jpg
Here is what our street looked like.
8VgHDhCl.jpg
There is a person in orange down the street to give you some perspective.
hhyL3cbl.jpg
Here is what my car looked like before we started.
zsFTKirl.jpg
After a couple of hours this is what my car looked like.
TAfEG0Xl.jpg
This is when we moved my sister's car from where it was parked.
3ucOrRql.jpg
Here is her in the shot to give you perspective. She is 4 foot 11 and a half.
YfxViXgl.jpg
So finally after about 3 hours, this was the end result. My car after.
k9Mym1Wl.jpg
And the finished driveway.
uqC2vPdl.jpg
2FXb8PGl.jpg
So to all of you in warm climates who can ride all year round, remember how lucky you are.. This could be you and you would have to put your bikes away. Riding season here is sure over. And the worst part is we are expected to get another foot to two tonight. So it's not over yet.

• Premium Member

SNAP! That's a lot of snow! Stay warm!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Wow Panzer, I was just reading up on it, that's lake effect for you. Stay safe ! Don't overdo the shovelling. You don't want to die of a hart attack.

Wow Panzer, I was just reading up on it, that's lake effect for you. Stay safe ! Don't overdo the shovelling. You don't want to die of a hart attack.
I know right! It's hard to believe 6 people have died from this already, and 4 of those 6 are from having heart attacks while shoveling!

Spokane had a storm like that a few years ago and I got stuck there for almost a full week. Buried. Homeless guys made a killing shoveling retail roofs after roof collapses started happening. It was a rough three weeks for that city and upper NY is getting it hard.

My area's city doesnt have any resources for snow removal. We only got a lil over a foot but it suddenly froze for the past six days and we are sliding around still.

I'd be worried about all the weight the roof has on it. Be a good time to own a powder sled.
I was telling my parents the same thing today about the snowmobile. I would love to have one in this weather. Several have been through here already. I'm a little worried about the roof too, but they are designed to be able to take severe loads. We prepare for that here in that way.

• Global Moderator

Well what the ... I totally winterized my bike, put it away and prepped everything for winter. Last week it was snowing like crazy so I got my ATV ready for some serious snow removal.
I woke op this morning.... A balmy 62F and sun. All the snow is gone, the sun is out.
Not exactly ideal riding conditions, because the roads are very dirty and salty but still.  :-S

Well what the ... I totally winterized my bike, put it away and prepped everything for winter. Last week it was snowing like crazy so I got my ATV ready for some serious snow removal. I woke op this morning.... A balmy 62F and sun. All the snow is gone, the sun is out.
Not exactly ideal riding conditions, because the roads are very dirty and salty but still.  :-S
Yeah. It is 60 degrees and raining here. All of that snow that is in those pictures above, pretty much gone now. Its crazy. The weather is so unpredictable.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Well what the ... I totally winterized my bike, put it away and prepped everything for winter. Last week it was snowing like crazy so I got my ATV ready for some serious snow removal. I woke op this morning.... A balmy 62F and sun. All the snow is gone, the sun is out.
When I read this it made me sad. Sad enough to go for a ride and take some pics of it to share with you. 10 of those miles were ridden thinking of my Canadian friends. Starting temp today 59, ending temp today 70. 
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7803_zps51f25286.jpg

Rode through some peaceful ranchland.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7804_zps24c1dc82.jpg

These turkeys better hide quick!

Illegitimi non carborundum

When I read this it made me sad. Sad enough to go for a ride and take some pics of it to share with you. 10 of those miles were ridden thinking of my Canadian friends. Starting temp today 59, ending temp today 70. 
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7803_zps51f25286.jpg

Rode through some peaceful ranchland.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7804_zps24c1dc82.jpg

These turkeys better hide quick!

What about you Buffalonian friends..? lol We are the ones who were trapped in our houses for 6 days.  (rofl)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

You too, my Buffalonian friend. I rode for all climate-challenged bikers today!

BTW, @panzer716 how's your vinyl wrapping project coming along?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Was a balmy 78 degrees today. Riding til the bitter end! Err, bitter salted end that is.

Everything went braap.

You too, my Buffalonian friend. I rode for all climate-challenged bikers today! 
BTW, @panzer716 how's your vinyl wrapping project coming along?
Awful! I'm poor and can't afford the $95 to buy the vinyl. lol On a more serious note, even though that is an actual problem I'm having, I took all the plastic panels off of the bike as you can see below... YbDRQf7l.jpg
I actually kind of liked the "ultra naked" look. lol Anyways, when I really got to looking at the panels, the two side covers would be no problem to do myself. But then I looked at the small panel in the center that is covered by that black textured piece. I don't know if you have taken these panels off and have looked at the piece I'm referring, but this piece literally holds every other plastic piece together and there are so many holes, slits, rectangular chunks and lips to have things tucked into, I feel it would be next to impossible to wrap that piece. Like I said though, I definitely feel I could wrap the side panels and the colored plastic parts on the front fender, but that center piece doesn't look possible.. In the future when I have money I will do this. I wanted to try doing it the winter while she was a sleep and I could take the plastic pieces inside to do a job for the day. Oh well. Some day soon.  ;)

• Premium Member

Might consider just using plasti dip on just the center piece, or paint it. Not a lot of it shows when the bike is together, so it wouldn't particularly disrupt your pattern.

Or save it for last after you get a feel for the vinyl. It doesn't look impossible to me as all you need are the ends and the edges too, if you were really detail oriented. Could at least leave the center alone.

Everything went braap.

Archived