The MT-07 Forum

Well hell, riding season is over

Cruizin

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/sincitybronco/IMG_2357_zpsbe892989.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/sincitybronco/IMG_2362_zpsa9c05b3a.jpg

It's been a great 2014 riding season, and I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts, looking at your pics and learning about your bikes.

I was gonna get an FZ-07, but just couldn't get rid of the FZ-09. So, I started an FZ-07 Forum. And man, you guys have rocked the forum ever since day one.

Looking forward to 2015!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

I am still riding here. 43° and sunny today. I do need to get some cold weather gloves though.

Strangely our weather service over here in the UK announced it was going to get wintery
over in the US they cant get our weather right but seem to be able to make a reasonable stab at yours.
We often get your weather about 10 days after you do so it could be on the way here.

I ride all year round. Dry roads and 30 degrees out. I try to bundle up but I usually just freeze my ass off. Still, riding is always fun.

"I'm not reckless. I am incredibly skilled with a bit of flair."

I am still riding here. 43° and sunny today. I do need to get some cold weather gloves though.
Stuck at home yesterday, but managed some two wheel time today.  We really shouldn't be letting on that we live in a rider's paradise, it may drive up property values. :) 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member

Pulled out some leather pants I bought a long time ago but never really did anything with. My old Honda was not a fan of cold weather so they just sat in a closet.

I'm gonna stick it out until snowy or icy conditions exist. Should be buying a nice leather jacket soon if funds permit.. that'll be nice to have too.

Everything went braap.

I moved from Maine to Atlanta 14 years ago, we rarely see snow, but if we get 1/4" the city is shut down. Last year with light dusting that melted, then froze to road ways it destroyed the us. Took me 5hrs to go 25 miles, and had to park 3 miles from my home and walk. It took my wife 12 hrs to make it back home.

As far as riding goes I'll ride year round, unless we have precipitation in the forecast, or black ice. With heated glove liners, and jacket liner you stay nice and comfortable.

Ya I've got about 4" of snow where I am, about 2 hours north east of Toronto, ON and it looks to be staying around for a while... Time to get the sled out:)

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Premium Member

Like Goschie, I'll ride through the winter as long as the temps aren't much below 30 degrees and the roads are dry in the shadows.

Most of the time here in southern Missouri, winters will warm up enough that I don't have to go without riding for more than a couple weeks in a row.

• Global Moderator

Today is 42° and overcast. I am currently stopped at a local coffee shop in a park warming up.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

It's a balmy 57 here and I'm getting ready to ride right now.  8-)

I am curious though, for the people who put their bikes away for the winter, do you suspend or cancel your bike insurance?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

I wouldn't. What happens if it's stolen, or a tree falls through the garage? Sad times, that's what.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

I just keep the insurance on it. They probably have all kinds of restrictions and penalties. It is not worth the hassle. Sad times indeed...

• Global Moderator

A friend of mine changed his insurance last winter to just cover his bike for non-riding. Whenever there was a nice riding day in winter he was not able to enjoy it. He said he is not doing that again. My Insurance is cheap enough that it is not worth it to me to change it. I also plan to ride as often as I can this winter.

As Guru stated the penalties and what not are not worth it, I don't think I would ride my Bike in the winter around my house even if there was a nice day, the amount of sand they use around here on the roads in the winter makes everything like marbles until a few good rains washes it away

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

TwistedTorque

I know some people who remove liability since they are not riding but just leave comprehensive. That at least makes sense.

I had to take the bike for the recall today and man was it cold. I would have died without my heated gear.

I moved from Maine to Atlanta 14 years ago, we rarely see snow, but if we get 1/4" the city is shut down. Last year with light dusting that melted, then froze to road ways it destroyed the us. Took me 5hrs to go 25 miles, and had to park 3 miles from my home and walk. It took my wife 12 hrs to make it back home.  
As far as riding goes I'll ride year round, unless we have precipitation in the forecast, or black ice. With heated glove liners, and jacket liner you stay nice and comfortable.

what part of Maine? I grew up in Gardiner.

what part of Maine? I grew up in Gardiner.
My home town was Naples, it has to be one of the best states to grow up in.  Feel sorry for my kid being stuck here in burbs of atlanta, but we do send him to the grandparents house for the summer. 

You aren't kidding. Maine is a freakin awesome place to grow up. Cept, people kinda fly off the handle there alot easier, did you notice that? I remember alot of short tempers and everyone I knew inmy town liked to fight, so I fought alot. Usually right across the street from school.

But yeah. I grew up with the forest as my backyard, dirtbiking and fishing every day. Nobody locked their doors, my grandparents didn't even have a key to their house!

I miss Maine, but not in the winter. And, it's a hard place to earn a living.

Archived