The MT-07 Forum

Eracing

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

Not being into computor games, I was surprised at how realistic a sportscar race was that I watched a few weeks ago. It was a IMSA type race at a european track and it completely fooled me for a while. That is until the commentators started identifying the drivers and I recognized only one. When they id'd one guy as being in his seventies, it dawned on me that this was a computor simulation on the tv. I lost interest but the action of the cars going into corners and passing was very real world like.  

• Global Moderator

I enjoy Gran Turismo and F1 2019 on my PlayStation 4.  It is very realistic and a lot of fun with a wheel.  I do not understand watching it on TV though.  I cannot wait for the F1 season to start.   

12 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I enjoy Gran Turismo and F1 2019 on my PlayStation 4.  It is very realistic and a lot of fun with a wheel.  I do not understand watching it on TV though.  I cannot wait for the F1 season to start.   

What kind of wheel do you have? Do you like it?

Beemer

firstyammerha

I saw on the web where one of the Formula E drivers was disqualified because he used a "ringer" to drive for him in a recent race. The organizers tracked it down by their IP addresses-two different ones showed up for the driver who is really good at the real thing but not so great at a tv and joystick(or whatever control is used).

• Global Moderator
7 hours ago, Beemer said:

What kind of wheel do you have? Do you like it?

I have the Logitech G29.  I found it on sale for half price about a year ago.  It was still not cheap but I am very happy with it. 

• Thanks 1