The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic ti vs ti with carbon tips

spencerz

Hey so I'm finally biting the bullet after 3 years and buying an exhaust. I have settled on the the Akra and was trying to decide which one to get. I am not a fan of the look for the full carbon. So I'm left with the Ti and the Ti with Carbon. I was curious as to the actual difference between the two. Its only a 60$ difference and I like the look of the carbon tip more. The info on the Revzilla page for it and Akras website show different information. Any input appreciated, thanks :)

stickshift

Go with whatever you prefer the look of.

The akra Ti exhausts meet Euro emissions and sound certification (with optional catalytic converter). The original Ti was designed to meet Euro 4, the newer carbon tip Ti meets Euro 5 standards.

Again: Go with whatever you prefer the look of.

• Like 1

topazsparrow

The one with the carbon tip is slightly different in terms of the baffle insert length I think.

The carbon tipped version has a baffle that's also spot welded in and needs to be drilled out to remove.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
andrewnguyen23

I preferred the non-carbon tip, and the baffle insert is easy to adjust (it is a single screw). 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard these 2 different style side by side? I see that the older all titanium version has the exhaust facing a little more back and down and the newer carbon tip version is basically pointing straight out to the side. Just wondering if that has any impact on the volume...thinking of others driving beside me on the road.

I would be going baffle in and might run a cat too.

Baffle in and a cat, you will have no concerns about noise - or others next to you.

I have Ti version,  no cat, and removed the DB butt plug... and it's "I'm and ass" loud...both to you and everyone nearby.

I know some people swap baffles around to tweak the sound of the exhaust but with the carbon tip version you need to remove the spot weld...how do you secure a new baffle?

CriticalCore

Have a Akra Titanium with the DB killer in, but not Cat - It's still pretty loud and sounds good.

As far as I know the Titanium is the only option that doesn't require a ECU reflash which was sweet.