Sign in to follow this  
RETTGAR

7" Round Amazon LED Install

RETTGAR
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I'm new here but I figured I'd contribute to the forum by posting my 7" Round light conversion using a light and brackets from Amazon as I couldn't find much while researching. I love the round light look but couldn't justify spending the crazy costs from Motodemic and Brogue on my well used 2015. 

Although, I'd definitely advocate for Brogue after doing the research, their bracket seems to be more worth the cost integrating with the OEM headlight mount and not requiring any modifications. If you have the money go this route, it'll look a lot cleaner and be far easier to install.

If you're like me and don't want to spend $1000 for a light and barely ride at night try this.

Here is the headlight I used. The brackets that come with it aren't great, I did use them to mount it up before getting better ones but I'd just order 41mm brackets right away.

https://www.amazon.ca/SKTYANTS-Headlights-Housing-Motorcycle-Davidsion/dp/B078MVXJBL/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=SKTYANTS+7"+7+Inch+led+Headlights+with+7+inch+Housing+Bucket+DRL+Turn+Signal+Lights+Motorcycle+for+Harley+Davidsion&qid=1590079095&s=automotive&sr=1-8

Here are the brackets I used.

https://www.amazon.ca/HTT-Motorcycle-Headlight-Universal-Kawasaki/dp/B01ERY83VM/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=HTT+Group+Motorcycle+Black+41mm+Turn+Signal+Clamps+Headlight+Mount+Bracket+Fork+Ear+Chopper+Cafe+Racer+Black+for+Universal+Honda+CBR+Kawasaki+Suzuki+Yamaha+Harley+Davidson&qid=1590079141&s=automotive&sr=1-2

I ordered the TST wiring harness to wire in the signals and DRL's.

https://motostarz.ca/collections/fz-07-mt-07/products/tst-industries-signal-plug-converter-3-to-3-for-yamaha

As for install it was pretty easy, you have to cut the plastic fork covers off, this is a little tough to do and make sure you don't scratch up your forks. I used my Leatherman knife and was able to get them off with some careful cutting. If you have a proper shop and want to keep the fork covers, you can take your forks off and slip the covers off. I installed the brackets as low as I could so that I could fit my stock cowl and windscreen above the round light to cover the wiring and protect it from rain.

As for wiring, the main headlight is an H4 fitment and is plug and play. If you want the DRLs and integrated signals that is what the TST harness is for. I cut and soldered together the TST harness to the headlight so it becomes plug and play. With the TST harness the red wire is ground, the brown wire is the signal light and the blue wire is the running light. 

The light output isn't bad, it's not the same as a JW Speaker cutoff or any expensive projector but it's far better than stock and the look is way better than the halogen bulb. I haven't taken night photos but will try to eventually and update this post.

Here are some pics.

IMG_0057.JPEG

IMG_0063.JPEG

IMG_0066.JPEG

IMG_0138.JPEG

IMG_0148.JPEG

Edited by RETTGAR
  • Like 4

Tjern

Looks great man, are the high and low beams completely separate or do both stay on when you switch to high?

Was really thinking about doing this just yesterday and looks like someone else just posted about a 7" conversion today too. Funny

RETTGAR
On 5/22/2020 at 6:18 AM, Tjern said:

Looks great man, are the high and low beams completely separate or do both stay on when you switch to high?

Was really thinking about doing this just yesterday and looks like someone else just posted about a 7" conversion today too. Funny

There are separate high and low beams! The lows stay on and high adds a layer of light above the low.