The MT-07 Forum

2019 MT-07 Flash questions

Macheel1

Hello Everyone,

A newbie here to the forum. I have a 2019 MT-07. Just bought the DNA Stage 2 Air filter and air box lid replacement. I also purchased the FTECU bike side ECU flashing kit. I am in process of choosing a full exhaust, probably the 2 brothers black series. My question is where can I find fuel maps for my set up? After purchasing the FTECU set up, I see that there is not a specific map for my set up. I need some advice on where to get the fuel map files, I cant seem to find anything for my year bike or my ECU (2RS-8591A-20US). I see active tune is an option, but I'm not sure if that is the way to go. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit

Go to a dyno tuner and have them build you a custom map. A couple hundred bucks and a lifetime of smiles.

Or

Cobble up something on the cheap and forever return to the forum with troubles, poor performance and mysterious issues for us to read about while you don't ride your bike.

InsaneDawe
  • Your ECU should be the same as previous MT-07 years, I doubt Yamaha made a drastic change in software or hardware. Reach out to FTECU to confirm.
  • You should be able to import Power Commander tunes to FTECU. Granted I don't know where to find those but choose one that is closest to your setup.
  • The active tuner will pull timing based on knock and try to adjust AFR. You still have to accept those changes to the map. It will not make your tune more aggressive, it just does light corrections to smooth your tune out.
  • In order to make sure your tune is correct, you need to datalog, but that's kinda hard to do on the street since you need a laptop plugged into your bike.

9 hours ago, InsaneDawe said:
  • Your ECU should be the same as previous MT-07 years, I doubt Yamaha made a drastic change in software or hardware. Reach out to FTECU to confirm.
  • You should be able to import Power Commander tunes to FTECU. Granted I don't know where to find those but choose one that is closest to your setup.
  • The active tuner will pull timing based on knock and try to adjust AFR. You still have to accept those changes to the map. It will not make your tune more aggressive, it just does light corrections to smooth your tune out.
  • In order to make sure your tune is correct, you need to datalog, but that's kinda hard to do on the street since you need a laptop plugged into your bike.
  • The Active tune will make fuel trims based on measured afr and desired afr set within tune.

Changed for you. No knock sensor on mt/fz 07 and autotune will not adjust timing.

• Like 1

InsaneDawe
1 hour ago, geophb said:
  • The Active tune will make fuel trims based on measured afr and desired afr set within tune.

Changed for you. No knock sensor on mt/fz 07 and autotune will not adjust timing.

Doesn't the factory narrow-band adjust fuel trims? 

41 minutes ago, InsaneDawe said:

Doesn't the factory narrow-band adjust fuel trims? 

Yes. But only to achieve 14.7 afr at crusing.

The autotune can apply trims in all areas based on the user set afr table because it uses a wideband (with range of something like 10:1-20:1 or so)

InsaneDawe
59 minutes ago, geophb said:

Yes. But only to achieve 14.7 afr at crusing.

The autotune can apply trims in all areas based on the user set afr table because it uses a wideband (with range of something like 10:1-20:1 or so)

Oh, so it's only setup for closed loop. Gotcha.

Thanks for the input. I have been all over the power commander download files and there are no MT-07 files other than stick for 17-19. There are some Fz-07 files but they are like 14-16 model years. It’s all kinda frustrating. I wish I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on the FTEcu datalink kit. I called FTECU and they told me the unrestricted map would work, I highly doubt it will be sufficient to handle the increased air flow of the DNA lid swap. I may call 2WDW to see what solution they may have. Any info will be helpful!

• Global Moderator

I do not think are any difference in the engine since the FZ/MT-07 was introduced.  Tunes for the earlier models should work fine. 

DeathMoto559

If you look on YouTube g money rides has a aftermarket exhaust and a stage 2 dna air filter. He runs the Graves image that comes in the FTECU software and it works great for him. He pulls up power wheelies in 3rd gear on his videos. I talked to him about it.

On 5/22/2020 at 8:04 PM, Macheel1 said:

Thanks for the input. I have been all over the power commander download files and there are no MT-07 files other than stick for 17-19. There are some Fz-07 files but they are like 14-16 model years. It’s all kinda frustrating. I wish I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on the FTEcu datalink kit. I called FTECU and they told me the unrestricted map would work, I highly doubt it will be sufficient to handle the increased air flow of the DNA lid swap. I may call 2WDW to see what solution they may have. Any info will be helpful!

Looks like you need help clarifying how to set this up. 

Go here https://www.dynojet.com/tunes 

[*]Power Commander

[*] Motorcycle

[*] 2019

[*] Yamaha

[*] MT07

If you have a stock exhaust download map 22-065-005.

Go to FTECU Tuning Suite > File Manager (Ctrl+N) > Stock ECU Maps > Yamaha > MT07 > 2014-2019 > 2018 MT07 - 2RC-8591A-20(US)

Once it opens go to ECU Modules > PC Import > Extract Fuel Maps from file and select the file you downloaded from Dynojet. 

Save and Write to your ECU. All done.

• Like 3