The MT-07 Forum

INTERNAL CARTRIDGES THAT WOULD FIT FZ07 YAMAHA

Roberto Tuzii

Roberto Tuzii

Hi everyone, does anyone know if we could fit any cartridge internals forks onto a Yamaha FZ07, without any modification at all? Like an R6 internal cartridges, or any other bike for this purpose? Please help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Roberto Tuzii said:

Hi everyone, does anyone know if we could fit any cartridge internals forks onto a Yamaha FZ07, without any modification at all? Like an R6 internal cartridges, or any other bike for this purpose? Please help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I am running Ohlins NIX 22 cartridges. These drop in without modifications to the fork tubes. You remove the originals springs and damper. I am really happy with the feel and feedback that they provide. A few other members here are running the Ohlins cartridges too.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Roberto Tuzii

Thanks Evill, I already have k-tek cartridges, but it is a long story........I am trying to run k-tek SSK road pistons which unfortunately I cannot fit onto my k-tek cartridges that I have on now......I know don't ask me why but after a phone call to England technical department of k-tek, they have confirmed to me that I cannot mount those damping pistons on my actual forks. I am still finding a solution. On a different note, you know the links you sent to me to buy the AP dog bone link , I couldn't really click on those links you have suggested, I am very new to forums, so I would appreciate if you could re- explain to me how to get in touch with this gentleman who wants to sell the link.

That would be fantastic, thanks.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Roberto Tuzii said:

Thanks Evill, I already have k-tek cartridges, but it is a long story........I am trying to run k-tek SSK road pistons which unfortunately I cannot fit onto my k-tek cartridges that I have on now......I know don't ask me why but after a phone call to England technical department of k-tek, they have confirmed to me that I cannot mount those damping pistons on my actual forks. I am still finding a solution. On a different note, you know the links you sent to me to buy the AP dog bone link , I couldn't really click on those links you have suggested, I am very new to forums, so I would appreciate if you could re- explain to me how to get in touch with this gentleman who wants to sell the link.

That would be fantastic, thanks.

You may need to join Forums.13x.com to see or reply to the ad. 

I reached out to the member to see if the parts are still available . I’ll try to get the two of you in touch with each other 

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

I am running Ohlins NIX 22 cartridges. These drop in without modifications to the fork tubes. You remove the originals springs and damper. I am really happy with the feel and feedback that they provide. A few other members here are running the Ohlins cartridges too.

Ed

Me 2. very happy so far with the Ohlins set-up.