The MT-07 Forum

Front forks

SeanB

Ok so i read up so much on sag...rider sag...static sag etc...and that i need to be in 30mm range...however withvrear shock on 7 (STOCK) the front fork dive so much. I purchased some preload adjusters and that illuminated some dive... however i am only measuring 20mm of rider sag. I know I will eventually have to go with the Ohlins rear. Would appreciate some advise on the fronts with the setup i have. 

6 hours ago, SeanB said:

Ok so i read up so much on sag...rider sag...static sag etc...and that i need to be in 30mm range...however withvrear shock on 7 (STOCK) the front fork dive so much. I purchased some preload adjusters and that illuminated some dive... however i am only measuring 20mm of rider sag. I know I will eventually have to go with the Ohlins rear. Would appreciate some advise on the fronts with the setup i have. 

Throw some gold valve emulators in there. A couple Hondo and couple hours work. Then use some Ohlins 1309-01 fluid and get your damping set right. Perfect side to a Ohlins 46 rear. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
cornerslider
17 hours ago, mossrider said:

Throw some gold valve emulators in there. A couple Hondo and couple hours work. Then use some Ohlins 1309-01 fluid and get your damping set right. Perfect side to a Ohlins 46 rear. 

What Mossrider said..... I have this particular set-up, and it really DOES work well, for not much money-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"