The MT-07 Forum

CARBONSMITH / MWR Racing Intake Solution is here!!!

bellissimoto

On 11/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, CarbonSmith said:

Yeah no problem, just email me a shipping address: ryan@carbon-smith.com

Dude you're awesome, thank you!

2 hours ago, bellissimoto said:

Hey guys!  My apologies, but it seems like I didn't get a notification for this thread.  Glad Ryan from @CarbonSmith got you sorted!

:)

- Paul

Thank you for this, glad I ordered it from you!

-Lee

15 hours ago, WeTrolling said:

Dude you're awesome, thank you!

Thank you for this, glad I ordered it from you!

-Lee

Thanks Lee!  Let us know what you think!

:)

- Paul

• 9 months later...

Well Fella’s, 

This Performance Modification is the best one yet I’ve done to this bike! I’ve first had a K&N with airbox still in, Then went to the DNA Filter and Stage 2 Lid! And let me tell you guys these MWR POD Race air filter, and High performance velocity stacks by Carbon-Smith literally makes this bike into a whole new beast! I highly recommend this modification of course only with the best of the best 2WDW custom map, and FTECU Quickshifter&ActiceTune! And all that good shet! Here’s are a few pictures below!

785B1984-990E-4F66-83CF-B9D0D22CFFE0.jpeg

8CFDFFB8-A7F4-402B-8CC6-C9C5184FF62D.jpeg

• Like 3

@TRIPSS HILL When you say custom map, do you mean you took it to 2WDW and had them dyno tune your bike or just one of their off the shelf tunes that they built for your particular combination of mods?

22 hours ago, seven said:

@TRIPSS HILL When you say custom map, do you mean you took it to 2WDW and had them dyno tune your bike or just one of their off the shelf tunes that they built for your particular combination of mods?

Well since I already have the FTECU Pin Side Harness on the bike, so they just send me the file and I flash it into my bike! Let me tell you tho, those fools at 2WDW unleashed this beast to its full potential! That along with the MotionPro Rev2 Kit for the bike! Man just between those 2 things it seriously made the bike amazing!

On 9/11/2021 at 8:09 AM, TRIPSS HILL said:

Well since I already have the FTECU Pin Side Harness on the bike, so they just send me the file and I flash it into my bike! Let me tell you tho, those fools at 2WDW unleashed this beast to its full potential! That along with the MotionPro Rev2 Kit for the bike! Man just between those 2 things it seriously made the bike amazing!

I have a similar setup with the FTECU bike side harness and the tune from 2WDW. I don't have an intake (yet), just the snorkel removed but I can't say I noticed much of a difference after the flash. Maybe I need to go back to stock for a bit to see.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
midlifedelinquent
On 1/12/2022 at 6:56 PM, PMT-07 said:

Anyone have any feedback on this? I’ve been between this and Hordpower 

The Hordpower is much better looking! I mean, for street bikes we spend money to buy things that have no performance advantage for our bikes (fender eliminators, I'm looking at you). For a race bike, no comment.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 6:08 PM, ArturoM07 said:

Which one is better this from Carbon Smith or Hord Power!?

2B075A59-A145-4829-B4B1-DDD0E96546BD.jpeg

What's this picture from?

Just now, jb.junior said:

What's this picture from?

Ryan Smith the owner of Carbonsmith made this box for the MT07 and Jason Madama ran it in Moto America for a couple years. I think they even took it to the next level and had ram air ducts hooked up to it from the nose of the R6 bodywork Jason had on the bike. 

• Like 1

Just now, cosp600rr said:

Ryan Smith the owner of Carbonsmith made this box for the MT07 and Jason Madama ran it in Moto America for a couple years. I think they even took it to the next level and had ram air ducts hooked up to it from the nose of the R6 bodywork Jason had on the bike. 

Right on.  I'm looking for a better solution than what I have with my airbox cut in half + the Hord air filter system.

Just now, jb.junior said:

Right on.  I'm looking for a better solution than what I have with my airbox cut in half + the Hord air filter system.

Pretty sure hes still making them as he test fit one on my bike back a few months ago that he was shipping overseas. He just lives and hour or so north of me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stickshift said:

I need something that has the "catch pan" for MotoAmerica, but thanks for that.  I do like Spears' stuff.

Edited by jb.junior

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/17/2022 at 1:47 PM, jb.junior said:

I need something that has the "catch pan" for MotoAmerica, but thanks for that.  I do like Spears' stuff.

You can use the stock air box and cut the top off.  I went a step further and made my own "catch pan" out of fiberglass which had a duct on each side at a certain angle for ram air effect.  Worked perfectly and passed MotoAmerica Tech :)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 10:31 PM, pgeldz said:

You can use the stock air box and cut the top off.  I went a step further and made my own "catch pan" out of fiberglass which had a duct on each side at a certain angle for ram air effect.  Worked perfectly and passed MotoAmerica Tech :)

Thanks for that.

I'm reading the MotoAmerica Twins Cup rulebook (https://americanmotorcyclist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023-MotoAmerica-Regulations-v2.20.23-Final.pdf), page 123 for air box section, and I don't anything that says that there needs to be a "belly pan" of sorts under the air box.  Just that, "All motorcycles must have a closed breather system. All oil breather lines must be
connected and discharge in the air box or into a vented oil catch tank."  

Am I correct that I'd be fine with MotoA tech  just routing the crankcase breather tube to a catch can / bottle?

M. Hausknecht
29 minutes ago, jb.junior said:

Thanks for that.

I'm reading the MotoAmerica Twins Cup rulebook (https://americanmotorcyclist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023-MotoAmerica-Regulations-v2.20.23-Final.pdf), page 123 for air box section, and I don't anything that says that there needs to be a "belly pan" of sorts under the air box.  Just that, "All motorcycles must have a closed breather system. All oil breather lines must be
connected and discharge in the air box or into a vented oil catch tank."  

Am I correct that I'd be fine with MotoA tech  just routing the crankcase breather tube to a catch can / bottle?

Jeff, I wonder about the import of 2.3.4 f. It applies generally to all MA bikes. From 2.8.8.16 it appears that an "airbox" is contemplated, although it may not be necessary for the breather hose to connect to it if there is a sealed catch bottle. How many sides must the airbox have? I'm thinking at least 5 but the rules could be written more clearly.

• Like 1

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

Jeff, I wonder about the import of 2.3.4 f. It applies generally to all MA bikes. From 2.8.8.16 it appears that an "airbox" is contemplated, although it may not be necessary for the breather hose to connect to it if there is a sealed catch bottle. How many sides must the airbox have? I'm thinking at least 5 but the rules could be written more clearly.

And there we go.  Thanks for this.  Yeah, I figured there was language elsewhere regarding this but wasn't sure what terms to search or where to look.  So that's that.

Since I'm a week out, I'll put my old cut-in-half OEM airbox, coupled with the Hord, back on.  But it I'm trying to figure out a more streamlined solution.  I guess I'd have to mold some fiberglass.

M. Hausknecht
2 hours ago, jb.junior said:

And there we go.  Thanks for this.  Yeah, I figured there was language elsewhere regarding this but wasn't sure what terms to search or where to look.  So that's that.

Since I'm a week out, I'll put my old cut-in-half OEM airbox, coupled with the Hord, back on.  But it I'm trying to figure out a more streamlined solution.  I guess I'd have to mold some fiberglass.

I'd wander around and see what the fast guys are doing for an airbox. I think Blake Davis is going to have a sealed airbox, fed from the front of the bike but I don't know if its ready yet. I've found a forced air, sealed airbox to provide discernible extra  power above 100 mph.

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

I'd wander around and see what the fast guys are doing for an airbox. I think Blake Davis is going to have a sealed airbox, fed from the front of the bike but I don't know if its ready yet. I've found a forced air, sealed airbox to provide discernible extra  power above 100 mph.

Interesting.  Do you use the Carbon Smith set up?  What other options are there?