The MT-07 Forum

Hordpower Flash or 2WDW Flash???

FZ07R WaNaB

FZ07R WaNaB

It appears that 2WDW now has a flash for the Hordpower airbox as well as Hord. So the big question is which flash do you go with. Anybody have any experience with the Hord flash or 2WDW flash with the Hord airbox. What would be great is someone who had a flash before the addition of the Hord airbox. Better yet, would be someone who had both flashes with that airbox

The more details, the better. Thanks

• Premium Member

Which company has had the Hord airbox with your specific exhaust on the dyno?

Does the Hord tune include all the changes that 2WDW has like decel cut-off cancellation which make the FZ-07 so much nicer to ride?

Talk to both companies and get the facts from them. 

I look forward to hearing how well you like the new setup. Good luck. 👍

• Thanks 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1tondriver

I have the Hordpower box and 2WDW flash. I originally had the MNNTHBX intake with K&N filter. I can say the Hord and flash added more power towards redline without a doubt. I didn’t notice any gain in the lower rpm’s. I don’t have any dyno numbers to back any of my claims up, my butt dyno definitely noticed the extra Umph all the way to redline. Hope that helps a bit 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi-

My flash was developed in-house on my Dynojet 250 dyno, plus extensive road testing with datalogging.  I have flashes for most common exhausts, as well as the stock airbox and various exhausts.  If you have an "off brand" exhaust, we can use a flash that best matches the exhaust design.  Besides the usual fuel and ignition table changes, deceleration fueling is enabled, (which reduces engine braking a bit, but the main benefit is better on/off throttle transition) fan temps are changed a bit, and the quickshifter tables are mapped and enabled if you wish to add a QS.    Basically everything in the ECU is massaged a bit.  Hope this helps!

• Like 2

J.D. Hord

FZ07R WaNaB
34 minutes ago, hordboy said:

My flash was developed in-house on my Dynojet 250 dyno, plus extensive road testing with datalogging.  I have flashes for most common exhausts, as well as the stock airbox and various exhausts.  If you have an "off brand" exhaust, we can use a flash that best matches the exhaust design.  Besides the usual fuel and ignition table changes, deceleration fueling is enabled, (which reduces engine braking a bit, but the main benefit is better on/off throttle transition) fan temps are changed a bit, and the quickshifter tables are mapped and enabled if you wish to add a QS.    Basically everything in the ECU is massaged a bit

Thanks for your response, and I'm glad to hear you are addressing all those variables.

My biggest question is whether you can reflash an ECU that has already been flashed by 2WDW as mine has been?

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB

1tondriver
25 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Thanks for your response, and I'm glad to hear you are addressing all those variables.

My biggest question is whether you can reflash an ECU that has already been flashed by 2WDW as mine has been?

I asked the same question to JD and here was his email response:

” I can overwrite the 2WDW flash and install mine, no problem.  The process is sorta like installing a new OS on your computer.  Erase, format, and rewrite.”

• Premium Member

A reflash from 2WDW wouldn't cost you anything but shipping. So there is that. 

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Happy with my Hord flash 3 years ago, although would like less  roll-off deceleration. I believe both are probably very similar. However, the 2WDW re-flash with no cost except shipping is nice, for future changes or upgrades.

There will always be a lot of engine braking with an fz/mt because of the mechanical throttle.  Where a bike with electric throttle can have controlled throttle blade closing programmed thus having very little engine braking similar to coasting in neutral.

Does anyone know if either of these ECU flashes can be done without shipping my ECU off? I already have the bike fitted with an FTECU harness and can flash it myself in 5min, but I get the feeling either wont want to send maps for fear of them getting out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, IanC said:

Does anyone know if either of these ECU flashes can be done without shipping my ECU off? I already have the bike fitted with an FTECU harness and can flash it myself in 5min, but I get the feeling either wont want to send maps for fear of them getting out.

Your feeling is 100% right.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I have the Hordpower intake. I used it with a PCV (with Hord's PCV map) for a couple years. I was happy with the the PCV map he gave me. Yet, I kept asking myself "what if"... I've heard great things about 2WDW flash, and thought I'd give it a try. I pulled the PCV, and sold it to another  member on this site, and sent my ECU to 2WDW. I like the results. It's not a "game changer", just different... The main reason I switched was because I was too far into my bike to EVER go back to "stock". I never liked how high the "fan-on" temp was. I do like the smoothness of having the engine braking. Quite honestly, I liked both options. They are different, and there are pro's & con's of both. I haven't taken my bike to the track with the 2WDW flash yet (COVID-19). I think it will probably be a learning experience as I was used to the engine braking as a "constant", and I was totally used to it.... I may need to re-learn braking (again).... Either way, both options seem very nice-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Bigturbomax
9 hours ago, IanC said:

I recently spoke with 2WDW about this as i also have a bike side harness and license. I inquired about my specific exhaust since i didn't see it listed on their site and its uncommon. They said they can email me the file for my exhaust and i wouldn't have to mail in. They also quoted a VERY reasonable price for the tune only. Seems a good company that has a ton of great reviews here. I suggest sending them an email. 

Last i checked with Hordepower mail in was required. But def send Horde an email and see what he can do for you. His work is top notch from what I've seen and i hear he runs a pretty stand up operation.