The MT-07 Forum

YSS Shock Write-Up - The Cheap Option

InsaneDawe

• Global Moderator
Just now, tomlichu said:

That is true. I am currently a student (I do get paid, just not a ton), so I will probably save up and upgrade during the winter

The entertainment factor delivered by this bike is high. Don't need to spend a lot, but...

Replace the front brake pads with EBC FA252HH (and bed them in, see EBC website for how).

Send ECU to 2wdw for a flash, it desperately needs it.

But the best return on your dollar, is go get core riding gear first first. And second first. imo

Just now, Pursuvant said:

The entertainment factor delivered by this bike is high. Don't need to spend a lot, but...

Replace the front brake pads with EBC FA252HH (and bed them in, see EBC website for how).

Send ECU to 2wdw for a flash, it desperately needs it.

But the best return on your dollar, is go get core riding gear first first. And second first. imo

I agree, very fun bike. Modding and personalization brings me much joy, its like my personal therapy, though I think I should just go riding more and enjoy the bike. I already put 2k miles on it, but half is just commuting. I accounted for gear as part of my budget when I got my first bike (v-star 650). 

Thanks for shooting me model # for the brakes! I ran EBC on my previous bike and was very pleased with it. I plan on swapping it to EBC sintered brakes when I change to steel braided cables. The bike came with 2wdw flash as well, so I actually do not know how it runs stock. The previous owner did not know that the bike was tuned already, so I didn't know when I went to 2wdw in person. Glad I live near Kirkland, the folks there were really nice and Nate told me I could bring it in for a re-flash.