The MT-07 Forum

Evill_Ed’s 2020 Mods

Evill_Ed

Ed:

My 2017 dynoed at 72 hp. Now I don't do track days, I do enjoy going fast quickly. I saw the mods you've done and it is impressive (I know your not looking of accolades here.) With all  the work you've put into you bike how much faster is your bike than what it was stock? I'm a noob with metrics as I been riding Harleys for many years and am more familiar with them. Thank you .

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, FZWes said:

Ed:

My 2017 dynoed at 72 hp. Now I don't do track days, I do enjoy going fast quickly. I saw the mods you've done and it is impressive (I know your not looking of accolades here.) With all  the work you've put into you bike how much faster is your bike than what it was stock? I'm a noob with metrics as I been riding Harleys for many years and am more familiar with them. Thank you .

Hey FZWes, I’m not sure exactly how to quantify how much faster my FZ is from stock, but here are my observations from each change that it made. I have only ridden on the track for the past two years.

First mods were suspension. I rode on the track two seasons with the bike stock except for Dunlop Q3’s. As my skills improved I finally noticed the limitations of the stock suspension. The suspension mods allowed me maintain faster speeds on the track. The smoother ride and ability of the suspension to absorb track irregularities provided greater confidence and speed  

The next mods were the Dynojet PCV and MWR air-filter and lid. This made a noticeable improvement. Acceleration felt quicke and stronger, especially in the mid range area driving out of turns. Straight away top speed seemed about the same as stock. 

Later I added the Akrapovic Ti exhaust, this paired with the PCV and MWR felt like it added more torque, wanting to lift the front wheel under hard acceleration. Again, mid rage and driving out of turns felt stronger and faster.

this year I added the Hord Power Airbox and Hord’s PCV Map. This made a noticeable improvement. Mid range and top end are improved. Straight away speeds increased as the engine keeps pulling at the top of the rev range, the power doesn’t fall off like it did before. Also, less engine braking with this tune which I like on the track.

all in all, I am really happy with these mods. I feel that all provided positive improvements. 

Ed

• Like 3

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
On 4/25/2021 at 7:07 AM, Evill_Ed said:

I am really happy with these mods. I feel that all provided positive improvements.

I'd have to agree with everything you said in your post. I have almost identical mods, (almost) ohlins stx-46 shock for me and no pvc map, I have 2wdw flash, it just makes the bike feel right to me on trackdays and on the road too.

• Like 1