The MT-07 Forum

Evill_Ed’s 2020 Mods

Evill_Ed

Stay away from that guy, I'm tellin ya! 

Love me nekid bike racing. And yours is a fine one.

Well done!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

Finished up my 2020 modifications

Um...  It's only April.  You're not finished.  You're never finished.  Ever.  Never ever.  Even if you die, after your funeral, a package will arrive at your house with some farkle you ordered a month ago.

Very, very nice, work though.

So far...

• Like 1

That is looking sweet!

This is the type of build I want for my bike, I average 4-5 track days a year usually (when covid leaves us).

The front plate looks ace, S2 Concepts make some cool stuff. I could spend a lot of money with them.

Edited by stickshift
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, rider said:

Um...  It's only April.  You're not finished.  You're never finished.  Ever.  Never ever.  Even if you die, after your funeral, a package will arrive at your house with some farkle you ordered a month ago.

Very, very nice, work though.

So far...

You’re right, it’ll never be done. 

I still need to install my TWF captive wheels spacers and get new Q4 tires for this season. 

Then I’ll need to add ???????? After that 😉

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

The fairing brackets supplied by S2. Were very nice. The top one was too wide for the upper triple clamp. I cut and sectioned the top mount and welded it back together.

The lower mount was not even close to fitting the FZ-07, so I fabricated my own. 

A little filing and machine turning and they were done.D6377492-F8BB-4C77-837E-DC47D880E2A6.thumb.jpeg.488c555ef88786b684a38eb1db0bbb86.jpeg7BF88FB5-AADF-4D22-83F5-CB7AF4E65AC0.thumb.jpeg.333d14088bbfd5e798a3933f2647edfb.jpeg670983F4-6D8A-4281-9852-B7043E4E6C5F.thumb.jpeg.187a82725ae894e5e008f9635202f100.jpegD0EAEBB5-C9F3-4277-A792-631FFB25CF2D.thumb.jpeg.c32ef8ec1c919c93a32f1b093a0d78e6.jpeg

• Like 4

I knew this site wasn't filled with ordinary bums. You guys have a crap tonne of divergent skills and extraordinary abilities. I know I would have ended up with an unpolished turd in comparison. That's some nice work!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, mossrider said:

I knew this site wasn't filled with ordinary bums. You guys have a crap tonne of divergent skills and extraordinary abilities. I know I would have ended up with an unpolished turd in comparison. That's some nice work!

Thanks Moss. 

There is a lot of talent on this site, I appreciate and get inspiration from other members projects.

Your builds have been part of that inspiration. 👍🏻

Ed

• Premium Member

Ed, you out did yourself!  Looks incredible mate! (sorry, been spending too much time on Europe message board for the Tenere 700 - my next bike)

Really though, the bike came out great.  Seriously proper ride!  It reminds me of when I first built mine.

Hoping the power upgrades do you well ;)

Enjoy it man!

- Paul

P.S.  I can totally see your livery on the new race bodywork I have.  Still interested?  Hint hint LoL

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, pgeldz said:

Ed, you out did yourself!  Looks incredible mate! (sorry, been spending too much time on Europe message board for the Tenere 700 - my next bike)

Really though, the bike came out great.  Seriously proper ride!  It reminds me of when I first built mine.

Hoping the power upgrades do you well ;)

Enjoy it man!

- Paul

P.S.  I can totally see your livery on the new race bodywork I have.  Still interested?  Hint hint LoL

Hey Paul, thanks for the comments. 
The power delivery with the addition of the pipe feels very promising based on my pre season test sessions up and down the block. Neighbors cheers and scowls suggest a 10% power gain 😝 The Front wheel does not seem to want to hang out with the pavement anymore 👀

I essentially have your FZ07 version 1 in Red, white and black. 

yes, still interested in race bodywork. Prolly nexts years modification. 

Ed

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • Premium Member

2021 Mods - Hordpower Airbox and PCV Map. 

Can't wait to install this.

hpr.thumb.jpg.863bca24481d7f865816358e7e260ade.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member

That's a beautiful bike. But why am I most impressed with the GP shift sticker? 😆

Nope, I'm not normal.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

No shet, Iv'e been looking for this this for about a week, on and off ,as I'm trying to decide what to do. Beautiful it is @Evill_Ed I'll stop at that. I'm posting another topic. Saucy she is....

Love the look of the bike - and the machine turning of the brackets is a very nice touch.

Enjoy that air box and new map. Should wake her right up.

WW/R

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 8:50 PM, Evill_Ed said:

I decided to try Vinyl Wrapping for the first time. I’m happy with the results.  I also got a vinyl cutter for Christmas, so I made the logos and numbers too. 

EdF267568F-B334-42C2-A990-ACF7FDC7248A.thumb.jpeg.c980d6fe13d7682d9b318eee14b370ac.jpeg

I would love to know more about the vinyl wrap job...it looks fantastic.

What vinyl did you use? How much did it cost to do the bike? Was the vinyl hard to apply and get all your lines right with all the curves and angles on the bodywork? Any other words of wisdom?

• Premium Member

Well that looks a whole lot better 😁

install took 2 hours including wiring the speed controller to the PCV  and uploading the Hord map.

Then my son came home with beer,  so no test rides yet.

D8DADB53-CAF9-4C0D-B3F8-E934176E66F1.thumb.jpeg.90eb591b6ed38af2aa3d44bd42f99d29.jpeg

295C8EC6-6656-4C97-8CC6-61E6E4FA469B.thumb.jpeg.d3d2c8f82b95157da7920f553f43ef77.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, seven said:

I would love to know more about the vinyl wrap job...it looks fantastic.

What vinyl did you use? How much did it cost to do the bike? Was the vinyl hard to apply and get all your lines right with all the curves and angles on the bodywork? Any other words of wisdom?

I purchased the vinyl from Metrorestyling.com I used Avery Vinyl. I purchased (3) 3’ x 5’ sheets. This was plenty including mistakes. The vinyl is very workable. Patience and a heat gun are your  friends. If you want to seam colors together get the 3M cutting tape , it works the best.

check out YouTube videos on vinyl wrapping motorcycles. Lots of good info on there.

dont be afraid to try it, worst case is you peel off and throw a piece away.  

Total cost was $116-

Ed

That looks great!

Will you be using the 'per gear' fuel and ignition function in Hord's map? If so, be aware that this function can't be used until you've calibrated the gears in the PCV (and wired up the bike's speed sensor to the PCV).

Gear calibration vid here (from 4:35), from memory you don't need to worry about calibrating speed:

I fumbled my way through the calibration with a laptop and rear stand (the rear wheel needs to be turning for calibration), but it's well worth the extra functionality, particularly if you ever plan to add dynojet's quickshifter down the track ; )

Let me know if you need more info.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, stickshift said:

That looks great!

Will you be using the 'per gear' fuel and ignition function in Hord's map? If so, be aware that this function can't be used until you've calibrated the gears in the PCV (and wired up the bike's speed sensor to the PCV).

Gear calibration vid here (from 4:35), from memory you don't need to worry about calibrating speed:

I fumbled my way through the calibration with a laptop and rear stand (the rear wheel needs to be turning for calibration), but it's well worth the extra functionality, particularly if you ever plan to add dynojet's quickshifter down the track ; )

Let me know if you need more info.

Yes, I’m using the per gear maps. JD told me that I would only need to wire it up and it would work. The Power Commander literature says the software is already set up for our bikes. I had it running on the stand and went through the gears, it sees all 6 gears and the gear values were displayed. 

Do I need to do anything else?

I’ll definitely reach out if I have any issues, thanks.

i have a Healtech quick shifter, I love it!

Ed

• Like 1

• Premium Member
cornerslider
1 minute ago, Evill_Ed said:

Yes, I’m using the per gear maps. JD told me that I would only need to wire it up Andy it would work. The Power Commander literature says the software is already set up for our bikes. I had it running on the stand and went through the gears, it sees all 6 gears and the gear values were displayed. 

I’ll definitely reach out if I have any issues, thanks

Ed

I think you got it all friend 😎-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

3 minutes ago, Evill_Ed said:

Yes, I’m using the per gear maps. JD told me that I would only need to wire it up and it would work. The Power Commander literature says the software is already set up for our bikes. I had it running on the stand and went through the gears, it sees all 6 gears and the gear values were displayed. 

I’ll definitely reach out if I have any issues, thanks.

i have a Healtech quick shifter, I love it!

Ed

Cool, I didn't know that!

• Like 1