The MT-07 Forum

About Akrapovic exhaust

dfhzcnc

So I got an email from my dealer a couple of days ago said that my "order" is ready to pick up.
And yes,that is my Akrapovic exhaust, I think I am very lucky because I knew a guy who ordered this on August and he just got his last week, I ordered mine only two weeks ago :D
So I went to the dealer today and got it installed, one thing that I am concerned before installation is whether it will be loud enough without taking out the muffler, I checked almost all available youtube videos about 07's Akrapovic exhaust to figure out the sound difference. But most videos on youtube are without db killer ones so I can't get a good comparison.
On the other hand, someone told me after taking out muffler you need to put something in( I don't quite remember, I think it is something called powercontrol or powercommander something) otherwise it will lower the engine performance. 

Turns out that all the things I concerned are not necessary. The original Akrapovic exhaust(the one I got is carbon fiber) is very loud, I tried to record the sound with my gopro but it just sound different in the video. You have to hear it by yourself. But I can assure you it is very loud and it sounds great. I think even with original sound, it will fatigue me with couple of hours riding.

Hope all these helps if you are going to get Akrpovic soon. Ride safe have fun!

Archived