The MT-07 Forum

Error codes

Rocky

• Global Moderator

@Rocky, that is a weird one.  The service manual says it is a problem with the diagnostic tool.  Have you messed with the pigtail under the seat at all?  That is what the diagnostic tool hooks up to. 

6D8B513C-3FF5-40F4-A5EC-E0EB48313739.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

@Rocky, that is a weird one.  The service manual says it is a problem with the diagnostic tool.  Have you messed with the pigtail under the seat at all?  That is what the diagnostic tool hooks up to. 

I believe the diagnostic tool it is talking about is the onboard diag of the meter for code display, not an actual diag tool that hooks up to the bike? I could be wrong?  It states signals cannot be transmitted between ECU and Multi Function Meter, the meter is the instrument cluster. If you can get an upload of 8-35 for troubleshooting from the service manual you can find which circuits to check for continuity between the ECU and meter. If you've had anything apart recently go back and double check and make sure everything you touched is plugged back in. If you haven't been into anything and everything checks fine, connectors plugged in, and you dont see any issues, I would just try reset the code and see if it pops back up.

Edited by iSmkGrnBud
  • Like 3

• Global Moderator

@iSmkGrnBud, it looks like you are right.  The meter is the instrument panel on the bike (that is not confusing at all :) ).  That was the only error 89 I could find in the manual, but it is referring to code 89 on the diagnostic tool, not on the bike panel.  Hopefully someone else has some ideas.  Of course checking any recent areas worked on is always a good starting point. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

The meter is the instrument panel on the bike (that is not confusing at all :) ).  

Yea, it comes from the automotive side of things. We've been calling instrument panels and gauge clusters meters (combination meter, unified meter, display meter) for well over a decade now. They did this when they integrated software into the cluster as its own separate control unit. Since the cluster has gauge needles and mechanical hardware for displaying what the cluster is "metering," as well as the software for logic, the combined part of hardware and software is now called a combination meter. 

• Like 3