The MT-07 Forum

Converting from 35kw to 55kw after FTECU flash

Space_Badger

Space_Badger

Hi, has anyone tried to convert a 2018 Yamaha MT-07A from 35kw to 55kw at a Yamaha dealership after ECU flashing with FTECU?
I got this problem that the Yamaha official software does not want to make the change and shows an error that some kind of file is missing.
I tried flashing the Stock file from the FTECU but it also did not work (shows the same error).
I tried contacting the FTECU but with no luck, i wonder if there is a way to restore my ECU to an OEM state.
I also contacted Yamaha and they told that the only way i to flash the OEM ECU file with the OEM software but i don't know where can i get the OEM file since my dumb ass did not save it before flashing.

Edited by Space_Badger

As far as I know you cannot read the MT07 ECU with the FTECU kit, just write to it. At least that was my experience with the bike side harness.

The first thing I did when I got it hooked up was to backup the ECU, and it turned out I couldn't...so don't beat yourself up for not backing it up.

Worst case you could pickup another one - looks like they are about $100 on eBay.

I think FTECU has their version of “stock” files available under “stock restricted”. Ask which file over on the FTECU forum they are usually pretty quick to respond. Good luck!

image.png.c6c49899ac111a3730eefb9eda710937.png

Edited by RobZilla

I believe they are mechanically restricted to 35kw not software restricted as it has a mechanical throttle cable. 

Space_Badger
14 hours ago, geophb said:

I believe they are mechanically restricted to 35kw not software restricted as it has a mechanical throttle cable. 

I think you are talking about the Australian LAMS version, i went to the Yamaha dealership and asked about it and they told me that on a 2018 EU model it is a software restriction and possibly the air-box but no throttle restrictions

Space_Badger
17 hours ago, RobZilla said:

I think FTECU has their version of “stock” files available under “stock restricted”. Ask which file over on the FTECU forum they are usually pretty quick to respond. Good luck!

image.png.c6c49899ac111a3730eefb9eda710937.png

I tried the stock file and it did not work, i read in the FTECU forums that once you flash your ECU for the first time it makes permanent changes and you cannot restore them on your own.
I'm waiting for a response from my dealership they said they will try to restore my ECU OEM files but they cannot guaranty that it will work.
I feel like i paid a bunch of money for the FTECU cable just to f@#k up my ECU 😅

Space_Badger
17 hours ago, IanC said:

As far as I know you cannot read the MT07 ECU with the FTECU kit, just write to it. At least that was my experience with the bike side harness.

The first thing I did when I got it hooked up was to backup the ECU, and it turned out I couldn't...so don't beat yourself up for not backing it up.

Worst case you could pickup another one - looks like they are about $100 on eBay.

Yup that is correct you can only read the ECU after you flash it for the first time.
I'm afraid that buying a new ECU will be my only option 😅 but i'm still hoping that my Yamaha dealership will be able to restore it