The MT-07 Forum

Akra ti (baffle in) - fuel map?

mdeg

Good idea, thanks. I have been running the unrestricted maps and now I’m not going back. 

topazsparrow
On 4/16/2020 at 5:21 AM, geophb said:

I would start with the stock file and put autotune on it. I wouldn't even bother with the pcv maps either because you have autotune.  Just gotta make sure the afr map is dialed.

I used the PCV maps and set auto-tune to "suggest' mode or whatever its called.

It took 5 iterations for the bike to run really well again. The first 3 had horrible throttle response in low RPM, at least in comparison to the finished product.

It all depends on the bike, elevation, temperature, engine, and supporting mods, but that PCV fuel map was out quite a bit for the mods I matched it with.

• Like 1

topazsparrow
On 4/16/2020 at 5:54 AM, RobZilla said:

Good idea, thanks. I have been running the unrestricted maps and now I’m not going back. 

I cannot recommend against that enough. The timing in the unrestricted map is entirely too agressive at lower RPM.

You could audibly hear it detonating when you cracked the throttle at idle on a hot day. By the time you can hear it, it's already pretty bad.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, I finally got around to flashing the ECU, removing the snorkel, and went for a short test ride.

My full list of related mods are: Akra ti (baffle in), FTECU Flash (stock map, imported the 22-065-007 PCV map, lowered fan temperatures), and removed the snorkel.

There felt to be a bit more power in the mid range with the new fuel map (could just be in my head). The front wheel lifted a bit easier in second gear, which was a bit surprising. Temperatures have seemed to drop off a bit since installing the aftermarket exhaust and it may have been even a bit lower with the flash. Although, it is still very cold in Ontario right now ~5 degrees Celsius. Deceleration seems ever so slightly smoother, even though I have not turned inj Disable INJ Decel Cut to True. The intake sound is definitely noticeable.

Overall, I am happy with how everything has turned out and it seems to be running well so far. I may eventually consider getting an active tune, but for now I do not intend to dump more money into this lol.

I really appreciate the help working through this and would be happy to hear any other opinions on adjustments I should make within the FTECU flash.

Also, I currently have 91 gas in right now (from winter storage). Does anyone have any suggestions on whether to run 87, 89, 91 with a tune? Thanks!

Just now, mdeg said:

I really appreciate the help working through this and would be happy to hear any other opinions on adjustments I should make within the FTECU flash.

Also, I currently have 91 gas in right now (from winter storage). Does anyone have any suggestions on whether to run 87, 89, 91 with a tune? Thanks!

If it runs well leave it alone. I'd take 'runs well' over '+1 last  hp' any day.

I'm assuming you have 91 in it overwinter because it's Non-oxygenated which is much better for storage (and everthing else for that matter). Normally I'd say use the lowest octane it'll run safely on, typically 87, but with ethanol being everywhere now days I run 91 Non-Ox in all my stuff year round.  The octane is irrelevant in most cases since these bikes run fine on 87 unless you have high compression pistons, cams and are messing with spark advance etc.

Someone will be along shortly to differ so feel free to choose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdeg said:

Stock timing: use 87 (manual states 86 I believe)

Modified/More timing: 91+ 

Side note, on single handle pumps you get about 1.5 gallons of what the previous guy selected. So if they pumped 87 and you want premium, then you get 50/50 mix because fz/mt07 only holds ~3 gal.

Edited by geophb
  • Like 1