The MT-07 Forum

Side cover part number

SlowGuy

Hey all, new member here. I need your help identifying the part number for the right gas tank side cover for a 2017 fz-07 silver. I think the number is  1WS-24139-00-P6 but I need the color code for silver.  I met a car in my lane in a turn on Saturday. Fortunately I was able to miss the car but high sided and went over the bars. I just got out of the hospital (lacerated kidney, broke rib, banged up elbow and a little road rash. The POS left me laying there and drove off. My gear really saved me. Now it’s time to start ordering parts and get the bike fixed. I also need the part number for the decal (it has the neon green in it). Thanks all.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SlowGuy said:

Hey all, new member here. I need your help identifying the part number for the right gas tank side cover for a 2017 fz-07 silver. I think the number is  1WS-24139-00-P6 but I need the color code for silver.  I met a car in my lane in a turn on Saturday. Fortunately I was able to miss the car but high sided and went over the bars. I just got out of the hospital (lacerated kidney, broke rib, banged up elbow and a little road rash. The POS left me laying there and drove off. My gear really saved me. Now it’s time to start ordering parts and get the bike fixed. I also need the part number for the decal (it has the neon green in it). Thanks all.

Wow that’s awful, but glad your going to be okay. Good to hear your gear did it’s job 👍. Hard to believe all you need is a side cover. I am pretty certain the silver paint code is MS1. Hopefully someone can confirm. Glad your okay and heal up!

Thanks for the best wishes. I need more than a side cover but that is the one that stumped me when it came to color code. Bike actually faired pretty good. It needs handlebars, foot peg, side cover, air scoop and some other parts. Bike runs with no leaks. Everything appears to be straight with the exception of the handlebars. I need to take it easy for a while but will start working on the bike as soon as I can. Thanks for the quick response.

Edited by SlowGuy

Sorry to hear about your accident, @SlowGuy. A lacerated kidney sounds horribly painful.

Thank you for posting about it because it's a good reminder to the rest of us to always wear protective gear. With the weather being so warm lately I've been tempted to hop on my bike with just my helmet and a T-shirt. You've helped make me think twice about that behavior.

In regards to paint colors, I have a 2017 FZ-07, too, and recently had to decipher the OEM part codes.

In the USA in 2017, Yamaha marketed bikes in 3 colors:

• Glacier Blue (FZ07HL) / (FZ07HCL)
• Rapid Red (FZ07HR) / (FZ07HCR)
• Matte Silver (FZ07HS) / (FZ07HCS)

I have an FZ07HCL. The "H" indicates the model year (2017), "C" means California model and "L" refers to the color (Glacier Blue). Non-California models omit the "C."

Determining the correct part / paint combination in the OEM parts fiche is confusing because the fiche doesn't reference the color names Yamaha used to market the bikes. Instead it references the corresponding ColorRite paint codes, which are:

• ColorRite 1221 Pale Blue Metallic J (PBMJ) (a.k.a. Glacier Blue)
• ColorRite 0121 Vivid Red Cocktail #1 (VRC1) (a.k.a. Rapid Red)
• ColorRite 1160 Mat Silver #1 (MS1) (a.k.a. Matte Silver)

I have a Glacier Blue FZ07 so I select the parts that say PBMJ. It's a little simpler with your bike since Matte Silver (MS1) is the same for both the Yamaha color and the ColorRite paint code – the only discrepancy being the spelling of Matte vs. Mat.

So... You were correct about the part number. You need:

• 1WS-24139-00-P6 (Cover, Side 2 UR FOR MS1)
• 2RC-217F2-20-00 (Graphic, 2 UR FOR MS1)

Edited by D.A.

17 minutes ago, SlowGuy said:

Thanks for the best wishes. I need more than a side cover but that is the one that stumped me when it came to color code. Bike actually faired pretty good. It needs handlebars, foot peg, side cover, air scoop and some other parts. Bike runs with no leaks. Everything appears to be straight with the exception of the handlebars. I need to take it easy for a while but will start working on the bike as soon as I can. Thanks for the quick response.

Take it easy for sure. When the time comes I have handlebars off my 17 😏
Glad to faired as well as you did!