The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Central Illinois

micb

Hi. I picked up a new red FZ-07 about 10 days ago and must say I love it. I've had motorcycles since I was in elementary school, everything from dirtbikes, atv's, cruisers, dual sports, and a Ninja 600. I find the FZ to be a perfect all around motorcycle. It feels like riding a bike with the weight and snap of a dirtbike, but made for the street. You don't have to search far for the power band, just give it a twist and hold on tight.  With the shock on the softest setting, I can even touch the ground flat footed on this bike even though I'm only 5'3'' (can't do that on my KLX250). Too bad it just got extremely cold here in central IL. Hopefully, we get a few more warmer days before winter officially starts. My only complaint with the bike is that the motor did die on two occasions while coasting to a stop light with the clutch lever pulled in while slowing down from highway speeds. I only have about 200 miles on the bike, so I am hoping that this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome micb! I agree the 07 is a perfect all around bike. There have been stalling issues reported by most of our members but it seems to go away the more miles you get on the engine.

Also, congrats on choosing the fastest color. Vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Welcome @micb, great to have you on board. Yes, the FZ07 is a great bike. There is a stalling thread where it is being discussed, but like HBC says, I wouldn't worry about it too much. 

Welcome and Bienvenue micb. The stalling issue is a well known issue that has been resolved a long time ago.
It is only happening on Canadian FZ-07 :o.
If you bought yours in Central Illinois, that only means that your dealer gave you the wrong bike. Return it and ask for the American FZ-07, the one that never stall (rofl)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. This is a great site. Looking forward to learning more about the bike and modifications that others have done.

• 3 weeks later...

I am from Central IL too. I am going to be picking up an FZ07 hopefully in January after I pass my boards as a graduation present to myself. I went up to Countryside Yamaha and got a great out the door quote from them, like $100 over MSRP. I am also looking going to check out Westfield Powersports in Indiana because its may be a better deal.

I bought mine from Sportland Honda in Bloomington IL, which had just been acquired by World of Powersports. It was MSRP +140 freight + 89 doc fee +136 title fee + sales tax.

Guest sportyeight

Cool, tomorrow I'm dragging my harley to World of Powersports in Peoria to see what they'll give me in trade. If the deal is sweet enough then it'll be done.

Good luck! With the riding season pretty much over, I would think you could get a great deal on the FZ. My previous street bike was a Sportster 883. I liked it, but after 10 years, it was time for a new toy. No regrets. The thrill factor is high on the FZ.

Archived