The MT-07 Forum

Dynojet quickshifter install

Rogxg

Just now, Rogxg said:

Anyone using a Dynojet quickshifter on an mt 07? I have a couple questions on fitment. 

M a y b e  .  .   .

What's up?

If you maybe have one, how did you install your? Did you use your oem shift rod and cut it or did you buy one of Dynojets shift rod? 

I think it's the oem rod, but I have a toolbox full of them. I also have rearset plates and rear sets on there that give more adjustability. I use the same rod for both standard and gp shift too.  Don't forget you also need either their stand alone quick shift module or a PC5 for it to work right. 

Here's a pic in standard shift mode. Because of the added length of the shift pot I was able to use the factory rod since the rearsets moved the shifter a bit farther away from the shift shaft. 

Studio_20190318_081520-1-1.jpg.f32a2383d6fc30dfc2f45853ec738c9c.jpg

1 hour ago, Rogxg said:

Anyone using a Dynojet quickshifter on an mt 07? I have a couple questions on fitment. 

I wish I would have instead of my ftecu. I have had nothing but problems. Can’t add anything else to help you, just needed to rant. 

• Like 1

Ended up moving the gear selector arm in a new position for it to fit. I have a new shift rod on the way that is long, so that I can keep the original gear selector arm position. 

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used dynojet shift rod B and it will give you the correct length as the stock shift rod so you don't have to change the upper shift arm angle from stock. You might run into problems and misshifts changing the angle of that arm.

• Like 1