The MT-07 Forum

No name exhaust

Gofast Innovations

Gofast Innovations
s-l400.jpg

For Yamaha MT07 FZ07. Type: Front Link Pipe + Muffler. 1 x Exhaust Pipe. 1 x Front pipe. Material: stainless steel.

So this is the link to the exhaust I ordered. Since people say it's similar to the Yosh system so I decided to take it apart to put some muffler packing in it. I found it was already packed!! Did I just luck out here or is this the way all the Chinese exhausts come?

Be careful of metal! I got a  Chinese "Stainless Steel" slip on once. And it had rustspots on within a month (they lied). Otherwise it was fine on my beater. I ended up spraypainting it with a BBQ black high temp paint. Took care of that!

One way to tell if those pipes are stainless steal is by the weight if they are lighter than your stock they probably aren't stainless steel. Another way to check is a spark test;

Edited by Kyuzo

Gofast Innovations
40 minutes ago, le druide said:

Thanks for the link, how is the fitment on the bike ?

I haven't fitted it yet.

• Premium Member
cornerslider
15 hours ago, Kyuzo said:

Be careful of metal! I got a  Chinese "Stainless Steel" slip on once. And it had rustspots on within a month (they lied). Otherwise it was fine on my beater. I ended up spraypainting it with a BBQ black high temp paint. Took care of that!

One way to tell if those pipes are stainless steal is by the weight if they are lighter than your stock they probably aren't stainless steel. Another way to check is a spark test;

Most people don't know about the spark test... I'm a Journeyman welder/pipefitter (industrial- not MC) and very familiar with it. While the spark test can tell you a lot, it may not tell the whole story. There are MANY different grades of stainless steel. Some actually have a small amount of carbon content, that can (and sometimes will) rust. Take for example the exhaust on modern car. Most spec sheets on a new car will call out "stainless steel exhaust". If they actually put a "true" stainless exhaust such as 304, or 316 stainless- it would be cost prohibitive, as well as adding weight & cost. Car manufacturers use a hybrid "stainless" that "resists" rust but is also lighter weight. I suspect these Chinese knock-offs are probably doing the same thing. There is nothing wrong with it, but like most things- "you get what you pay for".......

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Gofast Innovations

So, nobody has taken their Chinese muffler apart yet?