The MT-07 Forum

Things I've discovered (tech tidbits)

Guru

• Global Moderator
This little things you discovered that are interesting to share but are not really worth opening up a new thread.

Here's one:

The bike has a hidden DC accessory plug hidden under the left panel. You can use it to connect whatever needs power and it switches with the key.

(I haven't seen it yet but it's there Im sure)

• Global Moderator

I saw that in the European owners manual. I am not sue what I will use it for. Perhaps I could power an electric chainsaw if I need to run and get some firewood :)

• Global Moderator

I could connect my GPS (but I didn't) or I could make a hidden USB charging plug somewhere for my phone (but I'm not). You will probably need a special water tight Yamaha plug to connect anything. I still think it's pretty cool it has one.

• Global Moderator

For a "cheap" bike it has some cool stuff.

• Global Moderator

I am also surprised to see that every market has different options and specs.

Euro bikes have 3 keys with a transponder. North American bikes have 2 cheap plain jane keys.

• Global Moderator

My speedometer is 6% too optimistic.

• Global Moderator

Yeah, but that us 6 metric %, so it should be closer in the US :)

• Global Moderator

Yes, I think SAE % is a factor of 1.4 compared to metric, if Im not mistaken. So that would be (6/1.4) X 1.4= about 6 % off in miles. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

That is where Cruizin is going to mount the missile launch button.

Guest MXRider

Possibly just a blank location for an accessory you may want to add. Does the US version have the pass button from the factory?

• Global Moderator
Possibly just a blank location for an accessory you may want to add. Does the US version have the pass button from the factory?
Could be.  
I think the US version is the same as the Canadian one apart from color combo's and mph dash so yes.

My speedometer is 6% too optimistic.
With my previous bike (WR250X), the speedometer was way too optimistic. 100 km/h gps = 110 km/h speedometer. It read 13 km/h more than real speed at top speed. But my FZ-07 actually is more like 100 km/h gps = 94 km/h on the speedometer.

I didn't check the accuracy of the odometer.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator

My WR-X had the same, about 10% off and when I switched to Avon Distanzia's it got even worse

I checked the FZ with my Garmin: 100 km/h GPS is 106 km/h speedo.

I'll recheck my speedometer. You make me doubts. Was my 100 km/h on the gps or on the speedometer. lol

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

1. You can change the brightness on your gauge display.

2. You have a hidden DC adapter port for easy charging of devices.

3. There are only two sizes of hex nut for most of the bike, a key for each is under the seat as well as a double ended screwdriver.

4. You can turn your key to "P" which enables you to use your hazards with the key not in the bike.

5. There is a button on the left side of the handlebars which flashes your brights, it can be used as a passing light.

Five numbers you should remember about your bike

1. Your bike holds 2.75 quarts of oil w/ a new oil filter installed.

2. Your recommended chain slack is 51.0-56.0 mm

3. The weight limit for your bike is 386 lbs

4. Your ideal tire pressure should be 33 psi for the front and 36 psi for the rear.

5. Your bike can hold 3.7 gallons of gas.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Guest MXRider

There is not a single Phillips fastener on the bike. They are called JIS or Japanese Industrial Standard fasteners and look like Phillips. Get the correct screwdriver online and never strip another screw head.

This goes across the board for Japanese motorcycles. Metric bikes never use Phillips.

Here is a link: http://www.vesseltools.com/hand-tools/screwdrivers/jis-japanese-industrial-standard/view-all-products.html

I'll recheck my speedometer. You make me doubts. Was my 100 km/h on the gps or on the speedometer. lol
I made a mistake. 100 km/h speedometer = 94 km/h gps. So i got the same 6% as you, Guru. It seems that this offset is the same at higher speed. 
About the oil volume that the bike holds. I hope that the owner manual is right. For my previous WR250X, the volume indicated was way too much.

This little things you discovered that are interesting to share but are not really worth opening up a new thread. 

Here's one:

The bike has a hidden DC accessory plug hidden under the left panel. You can use it to connect whatever needs power and it switches with the key.

(I haven't seen it yet but it's there Im sure)

I have an extra plug under my rear seat.  Is that what you are talking about?  I didn't check to see what type of plug was on the end.

My speedo is spot on; checked against two different roadside radar signs that say you are traveling at nnn MPH.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

If you turn off your bike using the kill switch, the headlight stays on. When using the key, the headlight goes off.

Ideal when checking you bulbs without running the engine. Start he engine and use the kill switch to turn off again.

When low on fuel the gauge flashes for a moment, then changes your display to "reserve mileage" and lets you know how far you have traveled on the reserve gallon of fuel, then resets once you filled up.

Archived