The MT-07 Forum

MT 03 Front Fender

bornagainbiker

Can see they chose matching grey for the bit of plastic covering the speedo and writing on the fairing. A strange one as you say...

I don't mind grey accents but the front fender looks too much to me. On MT-07 there are separate elements to colour. On the 03 it's all or nothing, it seems. I always wanted front fenders bike- coloured but all my bikes have had black. 

Just do it! 

• Global Moderator

Oddly it looks like the blue is available in Canada but not in the US (according to the websites anyway).  They only show the black or white and orange available here. 

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Many Parts on the MT-03 & the R3 are interchangeable. You could probably order a "blue" fender for the 2019 R3. They changed it to grey in 2020 on the R3 as well-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Well, I guess it's not just me.  When I first saw this colour scheme I really liked the blue, but thought "what is that big grey thing on the front wheel?" 🤨

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Bigturbomax

DAAAAAAYUM that fender is a deal breaker for me. This years colors are kind of a let down. I normally dont go for black bikes (less noticeable) but with the white/neon red as the only other US option id have to get black. 

• 2 years later...

Some bikers prefer no fenders on bikes, especially if they opt for off-roading or racing. In fact, fenders do not help the rider’s safety in such events, so it is better to just leave them out.

Edited by daltonbourne

I don't really mind it - it looks like the headlight housing is the same color, too. Plus, there looks like a blue Yamaha sticker on the fender to tie it all together. Part of me thinks if they went with a blue fender on a blue bike with blue wheels, it would be too much.