The MT-07 Forum

No Fuel injection on key turn

PominOz

Hi everyone, I need some help. Just put the bike back together after a flash, and filled back with fuel, there is no noise of the injection system firing up when I turn the key, and the fuel gauge flashes 8 times and pauses and same again. Tried disconnecting the battery for a while, but no change. Any other deals ?

Cheers.

May be a dumb question, but will the bike start and run? 

I don't know how long your bike sat apart, but my fuel pump doesn't always prime when I turn the key on. The flashing 8 times is weird though. Never heard that one before. 

The service manuals says (page 28, 1-19):

This fuel meter is equipped with a self-diagnosis system. If a problem is detected in the electrical circuit, the following cycle is repeated until the malfunction is corrected: fuel level segments and fuel level warning indicator "little petrol station sign" flash eight times, then go off for approximately 3 seconds. If this occurs, check the electrical circuit. Refer to "SIGNALING SYSTEM" on page 8-21.

(Uff had to type this, copy & paste not working)

Maybe fuel sensor is not connected correctly or gives a faulty signal. It's an variable resistor, perhaps it is an idea to get it moving over it's full range for some times to remove layers of oxidation?

Service manual shows how to check Fuel Sender Unit at page 8-137.

Sender unit resistance full - 9.0 - 11.0 Ohm
Sender unit resistance (empty) 213-219 Ohm

If everything is alright  and the flashing of fuel gauge persists, manual advises to change fuel pump assembly.

Don't know if it is allowed to copy the page to the forum because of copyright things, but to show a little bit can't be a crime:

screenshot_1.png.9f5f2d6b96d036dfe6f08766210cb540.png

(Page 8-21 shows what is meant with signaling system. Dash, ECU, lights, sensors.

Not much information, perhaps also check the 10A signal fuse, fuses in general, battery voltage. The plugs, terminals und couplers of things you touched.)

------

This behavior is also mentioned in the Users Manual.

Edited by ElGonzales
added picture

Thanks guys, it came to me at 3am the following morning that I had not connected anything to the injection unit. Took it apart again and connected up. Now all good, taken for just a quick run so far, but so much smoother, throttle response and whole bike how it runs. Think it has become a bit of a beast too !!

• Like 1