The MT-07 Forum

Cornering

Beemer

Literally saw that come up in my YouTube recommended videos last night and watched it; really good stuff. I always thought you used the rear brake for trail braking into the corners, but the video had you very lightly on the front brake. I'm still new myself though, so I'm trying to learn all I can.

3 hours ago, 7fold said:

Literally saw that come up in my YouTube recommended videos last night and watched it; really good stuff. I always thought you used the rear brake for trail braking into the corners, but the video had you very lightly on the front brake. I'm still new myself though, so I'm trying to learn all I can.

Just from my experience, one of the things I got out of "not going into corners to sharp and fast" is people tend to get on the front brake too hard in a panic to slow down quick when the front wheel is turned slightly and that's all it takes to cause the front tire wash out and put you down fast and hard. That's happened to me and it's almost non recoverable once it's in motion. I'm very careful about using the front brake in any turn.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

This is what most of the racing schools teach. this video is chock full of good info, thank you @Beemer

Also, his trailbraking info is correct however id recommend watching his other videos if this is a technique you want to learn

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.