The MT-07 Forum

Vacuum in front fork

Ebudas

Hey guys. I wanted to change fork oil dust sealers and oil sealers. Removed fork undid cap pour out all old oil and stared to pump up the fork for oil left over. But during the pumping fork got stuck. Seems like there is vacuum in lower reservoir and because of that im not able to extend a fork anymore unless i undo a bolt in a bottom of the fork. Does anyone have ideas how can i make that vacuum disappear? Thank you for any information. (sorry for English) 

Edited by Ebudas

Yes the bottom bolt connection to damper rod needs to be remove for separation. It not a easy task, plenty of  damper rod removal discussions on the forum.

1204107951_Frontforkdisassemblycutsheet.thumb.jpg.9a609606e0673156d940f4288668d576.jpg

Bottom bolt is easy work for my bike. I undid that and fork moves free. But when I tighten same bolt fork doesn't move. I tried to loosen it a little bit to decompress vacuum (i think it's vacuum) then fork moves like a half of inch. I event tried a messy jobs like filling a fork with oil and loosen a bottom bolt for decompression but it doesn't work. 

I can't think of any way a vacuum could be created to cause your problem. I would consider disassembling and recheck all your parts are in the correct order. 

5 hours ago, twf said:

It is not vacuum holding it, it is #20 on that schematic above. 

My thoughts, too. Think he put it in late and has the stanchion pinned to the slider?

• Thanks 1