The MT-07 Forum

MIRRORS--WANT SOME THAT WORK

wrxer

I just bought the ISSYAUTO mirrors on Amazon and put them on my 2018 MT07.  What a great replacement! 

The stock mirrors turned out to be nothing but CRAP, loosening up and moving at highway speeds.  I tried everything to fix them, including modifying a 10mm socket to try and tighten the mirror bolts from the top,  but in the end, it was still worthless for t he most part. 

These mirrors from Amazon are solid, exactly the same size, smaller profile , look good and work well.  They do not move around and I put them on in no time super easily. 

Some  designer did his homework and it's paying off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ventura Rider said:

I just bought the ISSYAUTO mirrors on Amazon and put them on my 2018 MT07.  What a great replacement! ...

Nice!

I bought the same mirrors in March after seeing them touted in this thread. Looks like the price has creeped up a few dollars (I paid $24.95 and they're now $28.95) but that's probably to pay for the newly added design feature: the mirrors now come with two 8mm and two 10mm bolts with normal threads plus an 8mm and a 10mm bolt with reverse threads. You only need the 10mm normal / reverse combo for the FZ / MT but it's nice to know they could be used on virtually any other bike.

@Ventura Rider: I've never owned the OEM mirrors (since my bike didn't have any mirrors on it when I bought it) and therefore wasn't aware ISSYAUTO's are that much of an improvement over OEM, so thanks for the info!

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Issyzone-Motorcycle-Mirrors-Kawasaki-Aprilia/dp/B01H4VJ09E/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ISSYAUTO+motorcycle+mirrors&qid=1584033936&sr=8-2

I've never needed to tighten my ISSYAUTO mirrors but wouldn't have a problem doing so if needed since a normal 10mm 1/4" socket fits onto them without any issues:

1418845338_4driverfitscopy.thumb.jpg.b03304d9c3969c6166a94f30837e6f5e.jpg

Edited by D.A.