The MT-07 Forum

5d 37 code- Yamaha MT07 (2015)

Oliale

Hi guys, I’m new to owning a motorbike. A Yamaha MT07 in particular. 

Today during a ride, the engine light came on. I went straight home and turned the bike off and on again to see what was happening. A code 5D__37 came up on the screen. 

can someone please help? What’s wrong and will it be expensive or something I can do myself?

thank you in advance.

oli 

Edited by Oliale
Correct error code

Decreasing Radius
17 minutes ago, Oliale said:

Hi guys, I’m new to owning a motorbike. A Yamaha MT07 in particular. 

Today during a ride, the engine light came on. I went straight home and turned the bike off and on again to see what was happening. A code SD__37 came up on the screen. 

can someone please help? What’s wrong and will it be expensive or something I can do myself?

thank you in advance.

oli

It's 5d 37. Not sd. 

Based on a quick Google search, it says cylinder #2 ignition coil short or open circuit. 

I work at Advance Auto and we get many of the same codes for cars. The most common solution would be to switch it the ignition coil. Check the owner's manual and see which type of coil the bike takes and check if any stores nearby have it. 

Here is a link to the part...

Buy Yamaha 1WS-82310-00-00 - IGNITION COIL ASSY. This...

I'm writing this just by a quick search. I'll update once I've done more research. 

Hopefully this helped you a little. 

Edited by Decreasing Radius
  • Thanks 1

Hi mate, thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly. I’m a little worried about it! Hopefully something simple and not too costly.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

@Oliale, it is SD, as in self diagnosis.  It looks like an ISC (Idle Speed Control) issue.  Hopefully something easy, like cleaning the connector will fix it. 

2177470F-5E12-4D40-A652-1A281E35B014.png

• Global Moderator

With a little further research I would start by checking the connection to part 2 in this diagram. 

8FF3D9A5-BF85-4C79-B9D9-3BCE683B9B45.png