The MT-07 Forum

Front fender

maalna2

Has anyone changed out or done a mod. to the front fender? That is the only part of the bike that looks out of place to me. On the white and red bikes it does not seem so bad but on the graphite it just looks weird.

• Global Moderator

What do you not like about the fender? I think it looks good on all the colors

I am not really sure how to explain it. Maybe because it is the only part on the front forks. Or because on the graphite it has no accent color on it. Wouldn't removing it cause damage to the bike if the tire picks up a rock or something or is it to high up to help in that situation?

• Premium Member

Without the fender you'll get sprayed in the face when the roads are wet. The front of the motor or radiator will be prone to wear from small rocks, sand and hard debris.

Do as you wish though.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

My best advice is to have someone who can fabricate a new one from sheet metal give you some ideas. I'd be interested in what you come up with. Always room for improvement.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member

The front fender has grown on me. I always thought it would look better with a more rounded look vs the "duckbill" look it has, but like I said, it's grown on me :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

When I first got the 07 I wished it had a red fender like hubs 09. Now I prefer the black and textured look that we have.

Illegitimi non carborundum

scordiaboy515

I was kinda thinkin the same thing......was considering this but not sure if it will bolt up, looks close tho....http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelhome/619/0/home.aspx

You could alway vinyl wrap or plasti dip it of you don't like the color. If you don't like the look though, I can only suggest to make your own that you like.

• 11 months later...

Archived