The MT-07 Forum

Tanudder racebike

mossrider

Just now, fzar said:

It is, and I like the touch of the BLR sticker almost out of sight, but it caught my eye right away. Don't get me wrong I think the Vet2track.org is an awesome idea and Im glad its getting the maximum visually on the bike. Great idea. It also leaves some space for others that are willing to pay for their logo on the bike. I just thought the BLR was a nice touch. Man would I like to ride that beast.

What! How'd that BLR sticker get on there? Wife musta snuck one on each side, lol.

Vet2track.org is the new owners long time premier sponsor. It is a great organization. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Well, the time is finally here to load out for the first race of the 2020 season. We're headed to Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for the first round of the MotoAmerica Twins Cup season. Well get the one on the right delivered to its new owner, Shawn. I'll pit and wrench for him to get it set up to his liking and get him on the podium. At the same time I have to pit and wrench on my own bike and get Anthony on the podium. Sorry in advance to Matt @ Robem, Andy @ AP Motoarts, John @ M4 Ecstar Suzuki and all the others for hogging up the podium spots,  haha. 

IMG_20200510_185706.thumb.jpg.97fe50ea41e98bb9618f488cc8884469.jpg

I have also assembled the finest crew lack of $$ can buy. Moving up from the club racing paddock to make his professional debut is none other than @cornerslider of this forum. Welcome Rich. The rest of the crew, Daniel, Nate and the old bird return if only for the food and booze. 

Huge thank you everyone! 

BLR

• Like 6

• Premium Member

Good news. Good luck this season to the riders and crew, keep the shiny sides up.

Good luck to @cornerslider as well

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, mossrider said:

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Well, the time is finally here to load out for the first race of the 2020 season. We're headed to Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for the first round of the MotoAmerica Twins Cup season. Well get the one on the right delivered to its new owner, Shawn. I'll pit and wrench for him to get it set up to his liking and get him on the podium. At the same time I have to pit and wrench on my own bike and get Anthony on the podium. Sorry in advance to Matt @ Robem, Andy @ AP Motoarts, John @ M4 Ecstar Suzuki and all the others for hogging up the podium spots,  haha. 

IMG_20200510_185706.thumb.jpg.97fe50ea41e98bb9618f488cc8884469.jpg

I have also assembled the finest crew lack of $$ can buy. Moving up from the club racing paddock to make his professional debut is none other than @cornerslider of this forum. Welcome Rich. The rest of the crew, Daniel, Nate and the old bird return if only for the food and booze. 

Huge thank you everyone! 

BLR

Awesome stuff!  Go get them!

• Like 3

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving the nest,

IMG_20200604_213707.thumb.jpg.3ad4942db9b804460d0c024054f0f33a.jpg

Looks like they're getting along pretty well,

IMG_20200604_211417.thumb.jpg.a65af9f192c9745b32b441f8331faacd.jpg

IMG_20200604_213428.thumb.jpg.98291f5cb3a67d1aead0effa62aa5447.jpg

IMG_20200604_213214.thumb.jpg.3d009cb28d53bb2eeca25d38a1fc13e4.jpg

Sadly I'll call this the end of build thread. 

• Like 4

Some final performance notes:

It weighed 150kg (330lbs) even on MotoAmerica's scale. Suzuki guys behind us in tech line were surprised, his was 30lbs heavier with similar race kit onboard. Mine weighed 149kg, probably due to less fuel. My patched up bodywork is noticably heavier than V2's new Shark Skinz stuff. My underslung rear brake stuff is lighter than V2's stock rear. Altho weight was never an overwhelming consideration it did come out competitively. 

V2 is roughly 1/2" shorter X 1/2" taller and handles better period. It turns in with less effort and holds a line w/o continual counter steer pressure on the bars. Shawn thought he could let go of the bars in the carousel and the bike would hold its line and stay in its turn. I dare you to try that on mine, lol. This is obviously the result of the custom tripples with less offset and a steeper steering head angle (less rake and trail). Shawn reports the feedback from the front wheel through the bars was excellent, maybe the best on any bike he's ever raced, and that includes many modern supersports. The suspension was very good on both ends. It was nicely matched and stroked through its full travel evenly on both ends. It had no untoward tendency to lift the rear tire on the brakes and hooked up well getting off the corners on the gas. He was able to ride thru bad spots like the pot hole out on the far left coming on to the front straight w/o any concern or kick back like almost all other bikes. He was able to clearly feel the bike flex at both ends when pushed hard but never felt it was doing anything but helping him. His other FZ07 superbike by way of comparison has a stiff front with no feel (R6 forks) yet the rear flexes making it numb feeling and kind of a guessing game as to what's going on or how much control to feed it. That bike suffers from chatter in some situations as well, zero on V2. V2 is stable at high speed and in the draft and even when it started to weave when pulling out of a draft to pass, simply standing on the pegs straightened it right out. The R6 forked bike would go into headshake. Of course the other bikes problems can be worked out with more time and money but is for sale now and will probably be used for spare parts. 

Back to the shop.

• Like 5

• Premium Member

Nice work Moss 👍🏻

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, mossrider said:

It weighed 150kg (330lbs) even on MotoAmerica's scale. Suzuki guys behind us in tech line were surprised, his was 30lbs heavier with similar race kit onboard. Mine weighed 149kg, probably due to less fuel. My patched up bodywork is noticably heavier than V2's new Shark Skinz stuff. My underslung rear brake stuff is lighter than V2's stock rear. Altho weight was never an overwhelming consideration it did come out competitively. 

V2 is roughly 1/2" shorter X 1/2" taller and handles better period. It turns in with less effort and holds a line w/o continual counter steer pressure on the bars. Shawn thought he could let go of the bars in the carousel and the bike would hold its line and stay in its turn. I dare you to try that on mine, lol. This is obviously the result of the custom tripples with less offset and a steeper steering head angle (less rake and trail). Shawn reports the feedback from the front wheel through the bars was excellent, maybe the best on any bike he's ever raced, and that includes many modern supersports. The suspension was very good on both ends. It was nicely matched and stroked through its full travel evenly on both ends. It had no untoward tendency to lift the rear tire on the brakes and hooked up well getting off the corners on the gas. He was able to ride thru bad spots like the pot hole out on the far left coming on to the front straight w/o any concern or kick back like almost all other bikes. He was able to clearly feel the bike flex at both ends when pushed hard but never felt it was doing anything but helping him. His other FZ07 superbike by way of comparison has a stiff front with no feel (R6 forks) yet the rear flexes making it numb feeling and kind of a guessing game as to what's going on or how much control to feed it. That bike suffers from chatter in some situations as well, zero on V2. V2 is stable at high speed and in the draft and even when it started to weave when pulling out of a draft to pass, simply standing on the pegs straightened it right out. The R6 forked bike would go into headshake. Of course the other bikes problems can be worked out with more time and money but is for sale now and will probably be used for spare parts. 

Back to the shop.

Thanks for the report!  

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

On 6/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, mossrider said:

Back to the shop.

Can you share if and where he has the old bike listed for sale. I may know someone looking. 

Sounds like you built an awesome bike for him! Great job

Just now, cosp600rr said:

Can you share if and where he has the old bike listed for sale. I may know someone looking. 

Sounds like you built an awesome bike for him! Great job

PM sent

• 1 month later...

Well this bike has had some fun at Blackhawk Farms, Brainerd International Raceway, Road America; and sadly now, Pittrace...

2330.thumb.jpeg.ba1e921c7f3401f66466294ec44d2a13.jpeg

Fortunately we can rebuilt it, we have the technology...

• Premium Member
cornerslider
2 hours ago, mossrider said:

Well this bike has had some fun at Blackhawk Farms, Brainerd International Raceway, Road America; and sadly now, Pittrace...

How is Shawn?

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

23 minutes ago, cornerslider said:

How is Shawn?

He's fine, workin on a PR 1:54.xx lap, green sector 1, green sector 2, green sect...Bam! End game. Lol 

Of course Rocco set a new class record again. Sadly, times that would place us top 5 two years ago, now put us only midpack. 

5 hours ago, mossrider said:

A good few hours work there, still better the bike takes the beating rather than the rider.

• Like 1