The MT-07 Forum

Shock spring compressor.

fzar

• Premium Member

Anyone have recommendations for a shock spring compressor to buy. I went to Auto-zone, O' Reillys, Harbor freight with the shock, spring mounted in 1 hand and the replacement spring in the other and none of the tools they have will fit. The grabber ends won't fit inside the coil of the springs, either one. There's this version:

$_62.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Find great deals for DRC Hard Ware Shock Spring Compressor for Motorcycles & ATVs. Shop with confidence on eBay!

This:

and this:https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Posse-Spring-Compressor-Tool/dp/B005SUTRXI

I'm not looking to spend a ton, any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, fzar said:

Anyone have recommendations for a shock spring compressor to buy. I went to Auto-zone, O' Reillys, Harbor freight with the shock, spring mounted in 1 hand and the replacement spring in the other and none of the tools they have will fit. The grabber ends won't fit inside the coil of the springs, either one. There's this version:

$_62.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Find great deals for DRC Hard Ware Shock Spring Compressor for Motorcycles & ATVs. Shop with confidence on eBay!

This:

and this:https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Posse-Spring-Compressor-Tool/dp/B005SUTRXI

I'm not looking to spend a ton, any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Could always make one easily, here’s one I made for myself out of steel plate and threaded rod.

DC278EE2-52D8-4FC8-B2B7-EF084C8A2494.jpeg

6E99DD03-F934-41F5-B089-066DA8435450.jpeg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
firstyammerha

I have the RaceTech tool and it is rated for 500lb. springs. Our springs are around 600lbs. so I had to go to a bike shop to get the OEM spring removed. There are posts about another puller on the site-one of which is mine- that illustrate a cheaper puller which worked on the stock spring for some members.